X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Open live games

Several boards are being broadcast live each round:

https://view.livechesscloud.com/?fbc...4-424c917a3ba3
    Last edited by Hugh Brodie; Sunday, 23rd July, 2023, 12:35 AM.

Hi Hugh,

Looks like the DGT live broadcast is down for Round 2. I wonder if the organisers know that its not working?

Comment

Round 2srarted at 1 pm MDT or 3 pm EDT. It's working now.

Comment

Its nice to see GM Shirov's games. They are always an art form. His first game ended in potential zugzwang.

Comment

Rd 2 GM Komarov has an entertaining finish. After a closed opening Black targets the semi open F file to deliver checkmate. White defended against one checkmate but allowed the pretty Qxf2+. It would have been nice to see Bd1 as Whites last move. Then Qf3+, Bxf3, exf3 would have been a pawn checkmate.

GM Gupta showed inspired pawn play to wreak havoc on his opponents position.

Comment

Rd 3 GM Shirov a miniature as Black against an IM. 21...Bxd3+ crashes through.

Comment

Enjoying the GM's tactics.

Comment

Broadcast not working on my end, anyone else having luck with this?

Comment

Not working for me either

Comment

It's working OK for me. Try reloading the page or refreshing the screen if you see a board with large DGT letters in the middle.

Comment

Rd 4 GM Shirov another lovely positional game. At the end Black is all tied up.

Comment

Rd 5 Battle of the leaders Nyzhnyk - Shirov What a game!

Comment

Thanks to the organizers for adding more games on the DGT.

Comment

Rd 5 Examples of Gupta's sparkling pawn play are 28.b3 and 32.exd6 breakthrough.

I also enjoyed Leon Piasetskis game and Gary Ng and Dale Haessel's games as well.

Comment

Such a shame that Shirov did not win that Queen ending. It was a Master Class of how to win it until he blundered with b3 with not much time left. Exciting games and great to see so many games. Well done organizers!

Comment

Working...
                              X