Bob and Gord U2000 Fall Active, Saturday, Sept 30!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob and Gord U2000 Fall Active, Saturday, Sept 30!

Hi all,

Another installment of the Bob and Gord one day active tourneys. This one has two significant changes:

1. Your cfc active rating must be less than 2000 to enter
    2. Minimum guaranteed prize fund of $1000.

Please see details below. If you have any other questions, reach out to me by email. Hope to see you there.

Gord

WHEN: Saturday, Sep 30, 2023
    WHERE: St. Paul’s United Church, 123 Main Street, Milton There is limited parking at the church but free parking lot across the street
    The door code is 01951
    APPROX. ROUND START TIMES: 10am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:00pm, 4:30pm/ASAP

ONE UNDER 2000 SECTION ONLY

Prizes: 1st: $300, 2nd :200, 3rd $125,4th $75, 5th $50 Top U1800, U1600, U1400, U1200, U1000, $50 each

Winners eligible for one prize only

MINIMUM GUARANTEED PRIZE FUND: $1000.00

Entry fee received by Sep 24 is $50, Sep 29 is $60, $60 cash only on game day.

Registering on Sep 30 may result in a first-round bye

Last round zero-point bye only

This is a Chess Federation of Canada (CFC) rated event; Active rating must be less than 2000

CFC annual memberships / single quick (active) tournament membership fee can be purchased online at www.chess.ca

Prizes paid by e-transfer

Tournament capacity: 150 players

TIME CONTROL: 25 minutes + 5 seconds increment after each move

ORGANIZER: Gordon Gooding. ARBITER: Bob Gillanders

REGISTRATION: Etransfer the entry fee to organizer at miltonchess@hotmail.com with the following info as a message in the etransfer: 1. Your email 2. Competitor’s name (as found on Chess Federation of Canada website) 3. CFC membership number (in good standing on Sep 30, 2023)

GREAT TOURNAMENT FOR FIRST TIMERS TO CHESS COMPETITION

The door code is 01951
    Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Thursday, 28th September, 2023, 11:06 PM.

And we are underway with our first registrant. I will use this post for registration list.

Cheung Oscar
    Kirby Justin
    Perez Daniel
    Oddi Antonio
    Demchenko Krylyo
    Akshaj Achyuth
    Rob Gashgarian
    Sexton Joey
    Pramod Dahale
    Siddhi Dahale
    Nazareno Merlin
    Miaco Trifelino
    Mohammed Hisham
    Benjamin Lamarche
    Raygan Lobo
    Brendan Cater
    Mason Zhou
    Anish Paleja
    John Koopman
    Kai Bar-On
    Jovan Momic
    Farhaan Syed
    George Stajov
    Japveer Narula
    Ravichandran Udaiyarajan
    Chen Chen
    Edward Chan
    Terry Thomas
    Patrick Buthmann
    Angela Wang
    Zi Wang
    Sarveshwar Senthilkumar
    Bingfei Wang
    Pothupitiya Gairika
    Furqan Navid
    Mei Chen Lee
    Bhuvnesh Sharma

The door code is 01951
    Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Friday, 29th September, 2023, 09:29 PM.

Comment

updates to registration list.

The door code is 01951
      Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Wednesday, 20th September, 2023, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Hi all,

HOpe you had great long weekend. I am getting one or two enquiries about registering for The Bob and Gord Fall U2000 Active in Milton on Sept 30. Here are the details:

1. Etransfer the entry fee ($50 if received by Sep 24) to miltonchess@hotmail.com, (see post #1 for later entry fees)

2. In the etransfer, include in the message/ note section the following:
        A .the name of the player as seen on the cfc website,
        B. the cfc number,
        C. a contact email, the one used for the etransfer since prize money will be paid out by etransfer.

Hope that helps, will try and update registration list soon. Remember, this is guaranteed minimum prize money!

Gord

The door code is 01951

Comment

Updates to registration list. Remember, early bird discount entry fee of $50 disappears if received after Sep 24. Minimum guaranteed prize fund of $1000. What are you waiting for?

The door code is 01951

Comment

Good to see some familiar names returning to a Bob and Gord tourney in Milton this year. Remember , your active rating must be under 2000 to play.

The door code is 01951

Comment

Hi all, just a reminder the entry fee is only $50 until Sep 24. Then it goes up to $60 until the 29th, then it goes up to $70 cash on site.
              We have ten registered so far! Dont wait too long to register.

The door code is 01951
              Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Wednesday, 20th September, 2023, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. There is a door code you need to punch in to get into the site on game day. I'll put up the door code later and on the first post.

The door code is 01951
                Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Sunday, 17th September, 2023, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I believe there is a farmers market taking place on game day near the tournament site, starting at 9 am. Part of Main street near the church will be cut off. I suggest you take Bronte St (it is called 1st line on Lower baseline road) , not Bronte Road, on the west side of Milton to get to the church and nearby parking if you are coming from the West or South. If you are coming from the 401 , take the hwy 25 exit and head south (name changes to Martin St.) Take a left on Main Street and your first right (Charles St), take first right onto Mary and there are parking lots there. St. Pauls Church is about a 5 minute walk from there.. There is free parking across the church on main street. Free parking on Mary st which runs parallel to Main Street by the church. Might I suggest that you dont plan to come at the last minute to avoid potential parking issues. Entry code to church is 01951.

St Paul's United Church - Map - Mapcarta

Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Sunday, 17th September, 2023, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Just added some more players to registration list. Entry fee goes up from $50 to $60 on May 25th to $60 until the 29th, then it is$70 cash on game day. Remember, guaranteed prize money in this tournament for under 2000 cfc rated players only. BUMP!

The door code is 01951
                    Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Wednesday, 20th September, 2023, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Hi all, just updating the registration list. The entry fee is only$50 if I receive it by Sep 24. See post one for more details.

Two points to remember:

1. THE PRIZE FUND OF $1000 IS GUARANTEED!

2. THIS PRIZE FUND IS A MINIMUM. There is a potential for the prize fund to go up!

Comment

Gord and I are trying something a little different

One Section. only players with Quick rating U2000
                        Prizes widely distributed.
                        That gives everyone a chance to win.

Prizes:

1st: $300
                        2nd: $200
                        3rd: $125
                        4th: $75
                        5th: $50
                        1st U1800 $ 50
                        1st U1600 $ 50
                        1st U1400. $ 50
                        1st U1200. $ 50
                        1st U1000. $ 50

Total. $ 1,000

Where there are winners eligible for more than one prize, it can get complicated.
                        See section 11 Prizes of the CFC handbook for explanation.

I know I will be reviewing it before we distribute prizes.

Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Friday, 22nd September, 2023, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Hi all, a couple of days remaining for the early registration price of $50 goes away. The time control is 25min with a 5 sec increment. Hope to see your name on the registration list soon.

Comment

We are at 20 registered players so far. Can we get more? $50 entry fee if received by Sun Srpt 24, tick tock. I see some familiar names and some new ones. Don't expect those fresh homemade cupcakes from my wife at the end of the tournament like the last few times though, okay.

Comment

Let's get it on! Dedicated prize fund for u2000 cfc rated players, it doesn't get better than that. Tick Tock. Great tourney for first time tournament players since you will be in the u2000 cfc rated group, there is only one group.

Door code is 01952
                              Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Sunday, 24th September, 2023, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X