Maverick Rising Star Odyssey Tournament 1 - Sep 10th Sunday 1:30-6:30PM @ Markham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maverick Rising Star Odyssey Tournament 1 - Sep 10th Sunday 1:30-6:30PM @ Markham

https://mavericklearning.ca/en/cours...y-tournaments/

Event Address
    : Maverick Learning Centre @ 1020 Denison St. Suite 205, Markham, ON L3R 3W5

Event Schedule: 5 rounds in total for every tournament: 1st round starting at 1:30 p.m. on Sundays Sep. 10th,

Sections: Under 8, Under 10, Under 12, Under 14, Under 16, Under 18
    Rating: CFC & CMA

Time Control: Game in 25 minutes plus 5 seconds delay per move (Bronstein)

Fees: $40 for 1 tournament, $70 for 2, $100 for 3, $150 for 5 (Sept to Jan). All Maverick Chess Club members have a 10% discount. (Please eTransfer to MaverickLearning.ca@gmail.com and put the player's name as note)

Target: For students from K to 12 (age 5-18) who enjoy playing chess!

To join the Maverick Chess Club, please visit Maverick Chess Club Membership.

Feel free to contact us at (905) 604-5522 or chessclub.maverick@gmail.com

Let's enjoy the last long weekend of Summer 2023! Feel the heat and play chess COOL!

Comment

We've had approximately 30% of new chess enthusiasts join us over the past eight monthly tournaments, and it's truly heartwarming to witness the enthusiasm of many young participants. One particularly remarkable individual is a young boy from Africa who arrived in our community less than a month ago in Summer time as a refugee. He and his mother currently reside in a government refugee facility, facing a two-hour journey by bus just to reach our location. However, when he laid his eyes on the chess sets arranged on the table, his eyes lit up like radiant stars. In that moment, all signs of exhaustion and weariness seemed to vanish. I'm grateful that my eyes captured that heartfelt moment, etching it into my memory forever. It serves as a poignant reminder that all the efforts put into organizing these tournaments are truly worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
      X