Scholar's Mate now FREE online!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scholar's Mate now FREE online!

Jeff Coakley has written 3 excellent books for youngsters which are published by the Chess'n Math Association:

Winning Chess Strategy For Kids
    Winning Chess Exercises for Kids
    Winning Chess Puzzles for Kids.

He also writes a magazine for kids called "Scholar's Mate" which appears 5 times a year: Oct. 15, December 15, February 15, April 15 and June 15.

We have decided to offer this magazine free online at the following address:

http://www.chess-math.org/scholarsmate/

Enjoy!

Thanks,

Larry Bevand
    Executive Director
    Chess'n Math Association

Re: Scholar's Mate now FREE online!

Hi Larry,
    We're eagerly awaiting to see the magazine but it says we need a DNL reader and when I try to install it I get the message: The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.
    Is there something else I can do or are so many people trying to access the magazine that the site has crashed?
    Thanks for working out this problem.
    Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick McCleary View Post
      Hi Larry,
      We're eagerly awaiting to see the magazine but it says we need a DNL reader and when I try to install it I get the message: The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.
      Is there something else I can do or are so many people trying to access the magazine that the site has crashed?
      Rick
      Try a PDF file.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick McCleary View Post
        Hi Larry,
        Rick
        Hi Rick,

I just tried now and it worked.

Try again please.

There may be times when too many people are trying to access the site....just this morning over 300 people have registered....we were also mentioned on the Susan Polgar site, which certainly provides traffic :)

Larry

Comment

What are diffrences between DNL and PDF files?
          (I have no DNL reader to check myself but I see that files sizes differs 7x)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
            Hi Egis,

The DNL reader allows you to turn the pages the way you would with the actual magazine in your hands (at least that is how I understood what was explained to me :)

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
              The DNL reader is from http://www.dnaml.com/default.asp

trying to get the DNL reader from there doesn't work either. I tried (I think) to send a support request to them, but I am not sure that worked either.

Just what we need - another ebook format and a bloated reader for it...
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Nicely done Mr. Coakley! and thank you Larry for making it available online for free!
                Last edited by Tony Ficzere; Thursday, 22nd October, 2009, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Hi Larry,
                  The link works fine today and the magazine looks great.
                  Congrats
                  Rick

Comment

Working...
                  X