Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiss Manager Rapid ratings?

Happy Thanksgiving!

I was playing with Swiss Manager for the first time this week and wasn't able to figure out how to pull rapid ratings from the CFC database. It looks like I can get rapid and blitz ratings from other countries but not ours. I think I might be missing something?

Originally posted by Matt Lewis View Post
    I think I might be missing something?
    A little bit :) Though it will not make your life easier.

Assuming you have the CFC .mde database (Raiting Lists.... http://chess.ca/sites/default/files/cfcmembers.mde ) in SwissManager

When you enter the players (Input/Enter Players), at the right bottom type the player's name (like Zeromskis), and ENTER. You'll get players to choose on the window top. Take one from the CAN list. Now carefully look for Rtg.Old (that is the CFC Quick rating). You'll need to type it in Rtg.Nat.

However, this will not work if you are updating ratings after the CFC rating update, as they'll be compared to Standard ones.

Comment

Thanks for the response. We noticed that we could manually change the ratings, which would work fine for a weekend tournament where players register in advance. For our Tuesday night club where players register at the door it's pretty inconvenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Lewis View Post
        Thanks for the response. We noticed that we could manually change the ratings, which would work fine for a weekend tournament where players register in advance. For our Tuesday night club where players register at the door it's pretty inconvenient.
        To save TDs time, the standard ratings are used for pairings in some tournaments. The CFC rating calculations are done with proper Quick ratings.

A work around - to make own .mde file with Quick ratings copied into the Standard column.

A task for the CFC to work with the SwissManager creator to avoid all this extra work.

Comment

That's a good idea, definitely worth a try. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X