Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City of Brampton Sport Tourism Event Sponsorship for 2024

I got the following email:

The City of Brampton, Tourism Office is pleased to open applications for Sport Tourism Event Sponsorship for the 2024 calendar year. Sport Tourism Events are defined as a tournament or sport festival that takes place over at least 2 days of competition, has over 50 hotel room nights booked, and over 50% of participants are from outside of Brampton. If you have a tournament planned for 2024 that meets these criteria, you may be eligible for sponsorship funds to help promote and amplify your tournament.

The program supports tournaments that complete the following:
    1. Generates economic activity
    2. Creates a positive community impact and/or legacy
    3. Promotes Brampton as a destination

You can find the program guidelines and all applicable documents required for submission at the link below.

Sports Tourism Hosting Program

Deadline to Submit: December 20th 2023

In addition, if you are planning any special projects next year ie. camps, 1 day special events, youth development program, you may be eligible for funding through the Advance Brampton Fund. The New and Small Projects Application 2 intake open February 29th 2024 for appropriate applications.

If you have any questions regarding the program, please email sport@brampton.ca,

Thanks!

All the best,

Alex McCallion
    Sports Tourism Coordinator

How much are these 50 rooms going to cost out of town players? Do you have to fill all 50? I live in Brampton and I've have never heard of this. I think it's for physical sports. Maybe more details are needed before we connect with this stuff.
    Last edited by John Brown; Thursday, 23rd November, 2023, 04:52 PM.

Comment

As most GTA players will drive home, I see it being hard to get 25 far-away players (for two nights). This would work for a week-long tournament like the Canadian Open or maybe a round-robin (or two) 10 players for 5 nights.

For the Canadian Open in Toronto there were discounts offered for getting x-number hotel rooms. I hope that the Candidates organizers register their event with Tourism Toronto. At the very least, they might be free passes for the players to the CN Tower for a photo op.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
        How much are these 50 rooms going to cost out of town players? Do you have to fill all 50? I live in Brampton and I've have never heard of this. I think it's for physical sports. Maybe more details are needed before we connect with this stuff.
        No idea. Yes, you would have to fill 50 rooms which is not that much. There is no indication that you have to be in a specific hotel so as long as 25 people were staying for two nights you would get your 50 room nights. This is aimed at the chess community as well as it was sent to me. We take part in Sport Tourism Conferences in hopes of uncovering such opportunities.

Comment

Working...
        X