What do GMs do between rounds at a tournament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do GMs do between rounds at a tournament?

I had the unique opportunity to interview Magnus Carlsen when he was in Toronto for the Champions Chess Tour. I got a glimpse of what he does between rounds, along with his views of other things. It was interesting to see him show up to some rounds looking somewhat dishevelled, and to others more put together. None of that seemed to affect his play, however. Even when he got into trouble during a game, he usually found a way to pull it out of the fire. This is my piece in the Globe and Mail

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...-dominate-the/

Comment

Hi Cecil, I would love to read it but I cant get beyond the paywall. Does somebody else have that problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
        Hi Cecil, I would love to read it but I cant get beyond the paywall. Does somebody else have that problem?
        I can get to it ...

Comment

Cecil, thanks for fantastic article on GM Magnus Carlsen!!

Now, in a wry attempt at humor, answering the question: What do GMs do between rounds of a tournament -- Answer -- they eat GM food!!

Comment

Thank you Cecil for great article. My wife had it cut out of the paper and put on my desk Saturday morning. Yes, we are one of the few subscribers left I guess.

Comment

Working...
            X