Another new Canadian IM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new Canadian IM

Anthony Atanasov made his last IM norm in USA Round Robin GM Norm tournament. He has all 3 of them and 2400+ FIDE after this event.

https://chess-results.com/tnr893336....&flag=30&snr=5

Actually, by losing his last round game he missed a GM norm (draw was enough). Anyway, he finished with 6.5/9, while the norm requirement was 7 for GM norm and 5 for IM norm.

Congratulations!!

Congratulations Anthony! Long awaited but I knew you were eventually going to get the title when you first beat me at age 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
      Congratulations Anthony! Long awaited but I knew you were eventually going to get the title when you first beat me at age 11.
      Yes, I loved watching his improvement as I arbiter-ed, and at events far and wide, congrats Anthony!

Comment

Congrats Anthony. All those times you attended the Bob and Gord active tournaments and so easily walked off with first place, sigh, I couldn't even try to think I had a chance of a perpetual check against you. Outstanding stuff! I sense a future GM in Mr. Atanasov!

Comment

Also, congratulations to Anthony's coach IM Nikolay Noritsyn, who has a number of IMs among his current and former students.

Comment

Working...
          X