Greatest Attacking Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Attacking Games

https://en.chessbase.com/post/speelman-agony-213 Another great column of the musings of Jonathan Speelman. Who are your greatest ten attacking players ever?

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
    https://en.chessbase.com/post/speelman-agony-213 Another great column of the musings of Jonathan Speelman. Who are your greatest ten attacking players ever?
    Here's three by verbal traits:
    1. Today, tomorrow, or next Tuesday (tap tap tap).
    2. Half an hour, HALF AN HOUR!!
    3. Look, I give you pow for nothink.

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Jack Ronean!! What a character! I have to say I miss him. His best story, in my mind, was when he first came to London from Alberta. He had bad lungs and came for treatment as a veteran at Westminster Hospital. The board of admitting doctors said there was nothing they could do for him and gave him six months to live. In Jack's words: "I lived long enough to p**s on their graves".
      and his advice to me quoting the words of the late great Jacques Mieses: "Young man, do not take chess toooo seriously."

How about Stan Navicka's: "What da crisis"

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
        Jack Ronean!! What a character! I have to say I miss him. His best story, in my mind, was when he first came to London from Alberta. He had bad lungs and came for treatment as a veteran at Westminster Hospital. The board of admitting doctors said there was nothing they could do for him and gave him six months to live. In Jack's words: "I lived long enough to p**s on their graves".
        and his advice to me quoting the words of the late great Jacques Mieses: "Young man, do not take chess toooo seriously."

How about Stan Navicka's: "What da crisis"
        Mieses!! Aha! That makes more sense than what he told me - he said Alekhine told him that at a simul 4 or 5 years after WW I. And Stan - so that's what Stan was saying. I always thought he was taking the Lord's name in vain. My number 2 was Ernst Spricis and number 3 was Stan.

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Working...
        X