X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big thanks to Hans!

Hans,

Thanks for keeping Chesstalk alive!

While many folks simply advertise their events here...and never report the results or a story :)...we have a word for that :)

You bring content to the site!

Honestly, you provide a major source of information as to what is happening here and around the world!

Thanks!

Larry

Right on Larry, very well said! Hans is GREAT!

Also, great post about the NY States in Saratoga Springs. I've worked it before, and was also supposed to this year, but just a tad busy with the Candidates lol. Anyway, like you pointed out, that event has exploded this year, from the low 1000s to almost 1800, across multiple locations. It really is a tremendous chance for Canadian youth to get exposure to big competitive American events.

Comment

One of my (if not the) favourite Chesstalk threads, Hans blog of road / bus trip to Texas.

https://forum.chesstalk.com/forum/ch...entures-part-1

Comment

Thanks Alex. I wish I could do it again.

Comment

Thanks Larry and Aris. I love doing it. Its nothing special, just enough to keep some readers interested.

Comment

Hans is the best! He's always so positive, friendly, and makes the best chess parties. He had his last party at the Kitchener City Hall with over 200 guests, dancers (kids dancing to music :)_), a rapid tournament, and 2 giant chess sets!

Comment

Working...
            X