Bobby Fischer - Game of the Century

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Fischer - Game of the Century

https://en.chessbase.com/post/game-o...a-full-summary I was bookmarking this because it was helpful for teaching this famous game (I teach this one a lot) and I thought readers who are coaches might also appreciate this article.

Happy Birthday to Bobby.

I went for the walk and listen old podcast about his 60 memorable games book. They mentioned (obvious fact), that the game of the century is not in the book. Not enough memorable :)

Comment

Thanks Hans, a phenomenal game!

Comment

Yes happy birthday to Bobby Fischer, many are celebrating, especially on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
          Happy Birthday to Bobby.

I went for the walk and listen old podcast about his 60 memorable games book. They mentioned (obvious fact), that the game of the century is not in the book. Not enough memorable :)
          IIRC this was because Fischer had done a previous best games collection of some sort, and the Byrne game was in that book. For 60MG he didn't want to duplicate anything so he didn't include it, not because it wasn't memorable.

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post

IIRC this was because Fischer had done a previous best games collection of some sort, and the Byrne game was in that book. For 60MG he didn't want to duplicate anything so he didn't include it, not because it wasn't memorable.
            Hard to agree on "did not want to duplicate anything". As I'm not sure that I still have a copy of that earlier book, internet search found the content of the book.
            https://www.abebooks.com/first-editi...31730801216/bd

Game 7 Fischer - Sherwin (pages from 30 to 33) - is the first game in M60MG. Then 2 more games from Portoroz vs Larsen and Petrosian are in both books.

He probably had other reasons not to include the game. Maybe even the publisher's request to keep up sales of the first book.
            Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Monday, 11th March, 2024, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X