SwissSys question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SwissSys question...

When I look for results of a tournament using SwissSys: after selecting the tournament and section I wish to view, there is an option: "Current pairings" - which gives you the pairings for the last round processed, or for the very last round of a completed tournament.

My question is - can I get the pairings for other rounds, and - if so - how?

Thanks!

Which file are you looking at?
    json format
    excel spreadsheet output
    Online: swiss sys events

Comment

Select a tournament (swisssys.com)

I select "2024 Maplewood Amateur Cup" (2024-03-15), and then I select a section. The drop-down menu gives me an option for "current pairings", which is only round 6. How do I find round 1 pairings?

Comment

click on any section will give you all rounds

Comment

M.Brodie,

Instead of selecting current pairings, you can choose ''wall chart'' or standings. With this, you will have all the informations on the pairings of each rounds.
          Thierry
          Last edited by Thierry Libersan; Tuesday, 19th March, 2024, 12:09 AM.

Comment

I want the board numbers for each round, so I can match the scoresheets with board numbers since often the board numbers or player names are missing or unreadable. This is never a problem with chess-results dot com.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
              I want the board numbers for each round, so I can match the scoresheets with board numbers since often the board numbers or player names are missing or unreadable. This is never a problem with chess-results dot com.
              When looking at the ‘current pairings’ view, there should be a tiny drop down box from which you can select any round in that type of view. Yes, very handy reference for pgn file creators

Comment

I'm still looking for the "tiny drop down box". The URL has a date and time stamp in it - I've tried changing that, but it always gives me round 6.

Comment

Hi Huge;
                  Why not contact Thad Suits he made the program.

Comment

It dawned on me that you are likely not actually using SwissSys, but are looking at SwissSys generated html event reporting. If you can get the .Sjson file from the TD and use SwissSys you’ll have what you need.

Comment

I got a reply from Thad:

"The only pairings provided on the site are those for the current round, sorry. That is a feature I may add when I get some time, but for now, you would need to get the file from the arbiter and view it in SwissSys to be able to do that."

Makes it kind of useless for my needs.

Comment

Working...
                      X