The Candidates....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will probably be the best finish in the candidates that I've seen in a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
      This will probably be the best finish in the candidates that I've seen in a long time.
      Best? Maybe.

Though London’13 was more exciting and comic.

Comment

• Thats a long time now (2013) but yes that one stands out.

Comment

• https://en.chessbase.com/post/candid...t-2024-open-12

Comment

• Rd 13 I'm admiring Pragga's skills. He lost an exchange to Caruana's great play but note that he has the good bishop and an awesome knight. It won't be easy for Caruana to convert and basically Caruana is in a must win situation.

Comment

• Rd 13 Nepo vs Nakamura draw fairly early.

Comment

• Rd 13 Vidit vs Abasov draw.

Comment

• Rd 13 Gukesh vs Firoujza The computer says equal but I ignore. I think the position is easier to play for White.

Comment

• Rd 13 Caruana wins on demand, not an easy thing to do.

Comment

• Gukesh also wins a superior ending with two connected passed pawns.

Comment

• After round 13 an inversion. Gukesh leads by a half point over Caruana, Nakamura and Nepo.

Comment

• So what happens going into the last round? Super excitement! Why? The draw avoider is Gukesh because he leads by half a point so the other three must play for a win. Nakamura must win against Gukesh and Caruana vs Nepo, one of them must win to catch up. Like I said super exciting and draw avoiding!

Comment

• In the women's Vaishali played the role of spoiler beating Lei by transposing into a winning kling and pawn endgame.

Comment

• As a result Tan should win the candidates if she plays a reasonable game in the last round. She leads by a full point.

Comment

• In the last round Tan plays Muzychuk. All eyes on that game.

Comment

Working...
                                X