Ron Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Moore

Most of you have never heard this name. He is a Montrealer who loves the game of chess and has taught chess to youngsters for the Chess'n Math Association, Canada's National Scholastic Chess Organization, for over 2 decades. He is your average club player who is passionate about chess and wants to transmit this passion to others!

He is a kind soul...wouldn't hurt a fly!

He retired last year at the age of 70.

Last week, he was struck by a train as he was crossing the tracks in the west end of Montreal. According to media reports, he saw and heard a train coming from one direction but was not aware there was another one coming from the other direction.

Today he is in a coma. He is playing the most important chess game of his life...we are all rooting for you!

We love you Ron!

Larry
    Last edited by Larry Bevand; Saturday, 13th April, 2024, 05:34 PM.

Very sad to hear. I hope he gets better. My prayers with Ron.
    I have an acquaintance who was struck by car. They were tired, crossing the road (not at the traffic light), the car came out of nowhere and hit him. The person went into a few weeks coma, but came out of it eventually. Nothing major was broken, but the accident shook the brain and that's the most dangerous thing. That caused all kinds of complications by affecting nerve connectors.
    But no matter the complications and the limp, this person is so happy to be alive.
    Please take care of yourselves.

Comment

That is sad news, but not a total shock as our generation has well and truly begun the hardest portion of our lives. Ron is a gentle sort. We played a few times and he has been unfailingly kind and polite. I'd see him out and about sometimes, always wearing a slightly bemused expression. That train crossing is bewildering; plenty of cars and people, sights and sounds. I hope Ron and his family come through this with peace. I wish them all the best.

Comment

Working...
      X