Tournament software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steffen Roller View Post
    Today we've finished the 2nd round of our tournament. I paired the next round (3. round). After that one player came and told us he won't play the next round but will be back for the 4th.
    I can't find a way to repair the 3rd round while excluding said player. Is there a way to delete the 3rd round and start over? Right now the "exclude player" entry in the pairing menu is not available.
    Use the "backup to a previous round feature"
    It wipes out the current round and you do the pairings again.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffen Roller View Post
      Today we've finished the 2nd round of our tournament. I paired the next round (3. round). After that one player came and told us he won't play the next round but will be back for the 4th.
      I can't find a way to repair the 3rd round while excluding said player. Is there a way to delete the 3rd round and start over? Right now the "exclude player" entry in the pairing menu is not available.
      What software do you use now?

SwissManger (going by heart, if some steps will not work, let me know)

You put the round check mark on the previous one. Go to Pairings and do new one (will ask if you want that - yes), before you click Pair, go to Exclude player, find him, double click, uncheck for the round, ok, ok, go back to the window for pairings - pair.

You might get some arrows from players if you have published pairings (rules say don't repair if published)

Usually I would go "Set new player..." route - remove the affected pair, and do needed changes. I usually get more than one requested byes for the club tournament after pairings are done (and I do by hand changes on the spot, and only update the program later).

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Use the "backup to a previous round feature"
        It wipes out the current round and you do the pairings again.
        Hi Bob,

I was looking for something like that but I can't find that feature anywhere. Perhaps you can help me how to access it? There's no menu item which appealed to me.

Anyway, later last night I found out by trial-and-error how to achieve it. It's the way Egidijus described it: set back the round, open the pairing dialog. Here comes the trick: While the pairing dialog is open, one can exclude the player. Things worked out for me.

Thank you for your help though.

Comment

Working...
        X