Survey of Outdoor Chess Tables in Your city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post

It is getting much better but how easy is it to navigate? About ten years ago I wanted to map all the outdoor chess tables in North America for a presentation I was doing. I gave up in frustration as it was a daunting task.
    Not sure what you mean. OSM is the giant database of geographical data of the planet. There are tons of applications which render this data for users. Many people here probably use those apps daily without knowing it :-). (I know that changes I made to OSM showed up in Google Maps and Apple Maps :-)).

10 years is an eternity on the interwebs.

For the special case of chess tables one would need a specific app/website like the one I've shared. That's from Switzerland and it seems there's not an English version available yet. But that can be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffen Roller View Post

Not sure what you mean. OSM is the giant database of geographical data of the planet. There are tons of applications which render this data for users. Many people here probably use those apps daily without knowing it :-). (I know that changes I made to OSM showed up in Google Maps and Apple Maps :-)).

10 years is an eternity on the interwebs.

For the special case of chess tables one would need a specific app/website like the one I've shared. That's from Switzerland and it seems there's not an English version available yet. But that can be fixed.
      I think your explanation is sufficient. If we could get everyone contributing and marking tables that they know about we could then start making progress on mapping all the outdoor chess tables in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post

I think your explanation is sufficient. If we could get everyone contributing and marking tables that they know about we could then start making progress on mapping all the outdoor chess tables in the world.
        Yessss! That would be awesome.
        Next time we meet I can show you how to edit it.
        Last edited by Steffen Roller; Monday, 10th June, 2024, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X