When will the US dollar crash and burn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When will the US dollar crash and burn?

Here is Wildrose's Vision for Alberta :

http://www.wildrosealliance.ca/home/...on-for-alberta

It seems sensible : how is it more right-winged than Harper ?

Here might lie part of the answer, in the Message to Concerned Albertans :

http://www.wildrosealliance.ca/image...ns_message.pdf

I admit I did not read everything. Here is the best abstract I could find :

<<

The Premier has severely tarnished the reputation of Alberta as a stable fiscal environment in which to invest. He has alienated the oil and gas industry, pitted Albertan against Albertan and pushed aside all offers to provide advice and expertise on the industry and how its health affects the Alberta economy.

>>

An Albertan that has pitted Albertan against Albertan is a very bad Albertan. Who could replace that Albertan ? The author of that adress himself, of course ! I should not have said that, as it was not meant to be said. It was only meant to be heard, to be understood from what was said.

Is that true that when one enters Alaska one receives a pile oc cash? I have seen that in a movie, this summer. It was about a familly going to live there. They were all yellow and the lady had blue hair. Very vivid.

Comment

Re: When will the US dollar crash and burn?

Originally posted by Benoit St-Pierre View Post
      Here is Wildrose's Vision for Alberta :

http://www.wildrosealliance.ca/home/...on-for-alberta

It seems sensible : how is it more right-winged than Harper ?
      It's more fiscal conservatism. Smaller government, balance the budget, lower taxes. No mention of bailouts for failing foreign or domestic companies. Harpers bailout of the auto industry (foreign firms) and ownership position in GM is left wing.

Originally posted by Benoit St-Pierre View Post
      An Albertan that has pitted Albertan against Albertan is a very bad Albertan. Who could replace that Albertan ? The author of that adress himself, of course ! I should not have said that, as it was not meant to be said. It was only meant to be heard, to be understood from what was said.

Is that true that when one enters Alaska one receives a pile oc cash? I have seen that in a movie, this summer. It was about a familly going to live there. They were all yellow and the lady had blue hair. Very vivid.
      The leader of the party is a woman. Your comment suggest a man. Of course, as I've mentioned, it's become difficult for an investor to put money into projects and companies when the royalties are high. Not enough remaining for the investors. Not that it matters much because much of what is found when drilling in those areas is Natural Gas. You need a combination of industry and residential to draw down the gas in storage and push up the price. Now with the combination of less industry in Eastern Canada, the new technology for tapping into shale gas and replacement of home furnaces with higher efficiency units, when replacement becomes necessary, the consumption is less. There is even a large discovery of shale gas in Quebec and in a few years if it proves up that will be used. The distance to market is less so the cost of transportation by pipeline will be less.

Alberta has the tar sands and I suppose the U.S. will continue to want production from that while complaining about the pollution. Alberta also has a lot of coal.

Quebec is an OK province in which to invest except for the Carbon Tax. Industries which use a lot of oil or gas are impacted.

I don't know enough about Alaska to know if it's true. All I know is no matter how much money they are giving, if any, it's not enough to make me consider such a move. :)
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
      X