Canadian Content on Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Content on Youtube

Hello, I have a FIDE rating of 1825 and I have a youtube channel called Novice Chess Channel. It's mainly for players who want to go from novice to the intermediate level. I'm having a lot of fun with it, however it obviously won't become my bread and butter, lol. In addition to novice chess topics, I have added some videos with Canadian content. So far mostly from Newfoundland and Labrador events and NL players travelling. I would like to offer any chess players or organizers to send me games if you would like to see a recap on youtube. No rating requirement necessary - I'm quite happy to feature novice games! I would also like to start a series where I make videos recapping games that clinched titles (GM etc) for Canadians (or an interesting game from that tournament). I would like to start with Aman because of his connection to Newfoundland and Labrador. This is where I could use some help so if you know off-hand a game from a Canadian GM that would fit this criteria, please send it my way. My email address is cwnlca gmail. Thanks and here is the link to my channel - please share with anyone interested. You can find all the Canadian content under the playlist. https://www.youtube.com/@NoviceChessChannel/videos

Hello fellow teacher! Have fun with the channel. I subscribed, and watching one of the videos. Easy explanation and great idea with the Canadians' games.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words!

Comment

Okay, I got started with Canadian Content: Duncan Suttles vs Bent Larsen | Canadian Open 1974 and Aman Hambleton vs. Victor. Bologan: Sunway Sitges 2017. Both are important games in Canadian Chess history and I tried to make sure there were good takeaways for novice players. Please take a look if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/@NoviceChessChannel/videos

Comment

Im glad you chose Duncan Suttles vs Bent Larsen. I was playing in Montreal at that Canadian Open and that was sure a very exciting game to watch and an exciting finish!. A big moment in Canadian chess history.

Comment

and choosing Aman - Bologan - another great choice. You could also have a look at Aman's own notes in Chess Canada.

Comment

Wow so cool that you were there for Suttles and Larsen! I will check out Aman's notes for sure. The tough part for me will be which game to choose for some of the Canadian GMs. I just finished recording Yanofsky - Dulanto from the Olympiad in '39 - that one was an easy choice. :)

Comment

Working...
              X