looking for Frank Dixon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for Frank Dixon

Hi there, a few people in Ottawa have been trying to contact Frank Dixon, but maybe we have the wrong email address, or would anyone know if Frank is on vacation or something?

Frank, if you see this, or if someone who can get in touch with Frank, sees this, please check out recent emails regarding the Kingston Open. We would like to hear back from you before Thursday evening, which is when most of the EOCA Executive meets at the RA club.

Thanks in advance, and best regards,

Aris Marghetis
    EOCA President

Re: looking for Frank Dixon

Hello Aris Marghetis,

Thanks for your interest and concern. Sorry for not being in better touch with chessplayers and organizers, about the upcoming Kingston Open, set for next weekend, Nov. 14-15. But I've been spending most of my time in bed at home, battling a dreadful flu for the past week, and fortunately have just found out from tests that it is apparently NOT the H1N1 variety ("Swine Flu" is the not-so-popular name for this virulent strain, which is causing huge problems in Canada and around the world). :) :) :)

I am now starting to regain my depleted strength. For a while during the past week, I was thinking that I may have to cancel this tournament, which wouldn't have been a good thing. I am confident that I will be able to run it as scheduled, and will post all the details later today on chesstalk, including the new site arrangements. I also see that I have a pretty big backup of emails from my period of illness, some of them chess-related, so I will be getting around to answering as many of those as possible today as well.

Hope to see you in Kingston next weekend for chess, as you had planned! And thanks for your dedicated service to chess in the region for the past several years.

Regards,
    Frank Dixon
    Kingston

Comment

Re: looking for Frank Dixon

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
      Hello Aris Marghetis,

Thanks for your interest and concern. Sorry for not being in better touch with chessplayers and organizers, about the upcoming Kingston Open, set for next weekend, Nov. 14-15. But I've been spending most of my time in bed at home, battling a dreadful flu for the past week, and fortunately have just found out from tests that it is apparently NOT the H1N1 variety ("Swine Flu" is the not-so-popular name for this virulent strain, which is causing huge problems in Canada and around the world). :) :) :)

I am now starting to regain my depleted strength. For a while during the past week, I was thinking that I may have to cancel this tournament, which wouldn't have been a good thing. I am confident that I will be able to run it as scheduled, and will post all the details later today on chesstalk, including the new site arrangements. I also see that I have a pretty big backup of emails from my period of illness, some of them chess-related, so I will be getting around to answering as many of those as possible today as well.

Hope to see you in Kingston next weekend for chess, as you had planned! And thanks for your dedicated service to chess in the region for the past several years.

Regards,
      Frank Dixon
      Kingston
      Frank, it's good to hear that you are recovering! I was suspecting that you had come down with something, and I hope that the worst is behind you. I am going to the RA club tonight, and I will announce that you expect to post your event details shortly. ChessTalk is a great place to do that, but feel free to also email them to Raymond Lacroix, who will post them on the EOCA website. As for your email backups, there are some from people who seemed a bit anxious when they were writing, so please excuse them (no, I was not one of those people, LOL). I have relatives coming in from out of town, so I do not believe that I can join you, but I wish you a very fun chess weekend!

Thanks and regards,

Aris Marghetis
      EOCA President

Please give Bill Doubleday the $10 EOCA per-event fee (regardless number of players).

Comment

Working...
      X