New Canadian IM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Canadian IM

Mike Ivanov crossed 2400 in his life rating and combined with many IM norms that he earned before, he made all requirements for IM title. Congratulations!!

Huge Congratulations Mike!! When's the party?
    Now you will have to concentrate on the grandmaster title. But the good news is you've had plenty of practice!

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
      Mike Ivanov crossed 2400 in his life rating and combined with many IM norms that he earned before, he made all requirements for IM title. Congratulations!!
      Heartiest Congratulations IM Misha! Couldn't have happened to a better person!
      Strong player, awesome teacher, brilliant pianist - and a real all round fun guy!
      Real proud of you - as Hans says, now looking forward to your soon-to-be GM title!

Comment

Congratulations Mike:
        Hard earned and well deserved.

Comment

Way to go Mike!!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone, it's been an exhausting 7 years of norm/rating hunting. Will take a while before I try for GM Hans, but will enjoy more rapid/blitz tourneys from now on :)

Comment

Congrats Mike!

You will now get people drafting their own "7 year plan", that may actually come through.

-----

From what I have seen, Mike has worked incredibly hard to better himself as a chess player, culminating into this (so far) IM title. Mike's gone all over Europe and USA for experience, norms, including some tough spots. Canada however, has been tough. For those who don't know, Canada's top layer of chess players has their ratings deflated, the question normally is by how much. And Mike's road should really envy most people, not just chess professionals. Mike has been teaching and coaching from his teens (working full time), studying at university, attending social events, while improving his chess, the entire time.

-----

We now welcome you back to Canada, Mike, to re-distribute those points :-)
              The question is: What will you be wearing?

Alex F.

Comment

Great post Alex, right on.

Comment

Way to go Mike! I taught him everything I know and thankfully he forgot all of it :)

Comment

Congratulations, Mike!!! I remember your original, powerful play from several Ontario HS Championships, where you were playing and I served on the organizational team! Best wishes for the future!!

Cheers,
                    Frank Dixon
                    NTD, Kingston

Comment

Working...
                    X