With regrets, must cancel 2009 Kingston Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With regrets, must cancel 2009 Kingston Open

I profoundly regret having to cancel the 2009 Kingston Open, which was scheduled for Nov. 14-15.

Unfortunately, my health situation, as discussed last week on this site, has deteriorated further, and there is no one available in the Kingston area on such short notice who could fill in as organizer and director.

My heartfelt apologies to all players who had planned to play this tournament. I know it has been a favourite event for quite a few people.

I'm hoping that at some time in the future, I can make it up to those chessplayers whom I have disappointed this time. But right now, I have to focus on trying to get healthy again.

Sincerely,
    Frank Dixon
    Organizer, Kingston

Re: With regrets, must cancel 2009 Kingston Open

Sorry to hear about your health Frank, hope you get better soon.

Comment

We are hoping you get better soon, Frank.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Frank. I have many fond memories from the Kingston Opens that I have played, and hope that this tournament will be up and running again in subsequent years.

Wishing you a speedy recovery from your illness.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
          I profoundly regret having to cancel the 2009 Kingston Open, which was scheduled for Nov. 14-15.

Unfortunately, my health situation, as discussed last week on this site, has deteriorated further, and there is no one available in the Kingston area on such short notice who could fill in as organizer and director.

My heartfelt apologies to all players who had planned to play this tournament. I know it has been a favourite event for quite a few people.

I'm hoping that at some time in the future, I can make it up to those chessplayers whom I have disappointed this time. But right now, I have to focus on trying to get healthy again.

Sincerely,
          Frank Dixon

Organizer, Kingston
          Hi Frank,

Hoping to see you in good health again soon!

Sincerely

Larry

Comment

Working...
          X