Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Southern Alberta Open

Greetings,

The 2009 Southern Alberta Open starts this Saturday. This is a qualifier to the 2010 Alberta Closed!. The prize fund is guaranteed at $600 but I anticipate it will grow beyond that amount. Entry is $30 for adults, $25 for juniors (under 18 years).

Since I have the ECC DGT boards, I've decided to broadcast the top three boards live for each round. The website for the tounament can be found at http://www.albertachess.org/09SAO/Home.html.

To get on the pre-reg list, email tficzere@telus.net. Be sure to let me know if you need any byes. All pre-reg players must show up at the site by 9:45 am to pay their registration. If you do not check in at the registration desk, you will not be paired for the first round! You can view the pre-reg list on the website. It will be updated each day until the start of the tournament.

Hope to see you there!

Tony Ficzere

Re: 2009 Southern Alberta Open

Hi Tony, It is too sad that Kaminski's brothers can't participate in this event. As you know they are in Turkey right now playing in WYCC.
    :)

Comment

Re: 2009 Southern Alberta Open

Originally posted by Caesar Posylek View Post
      Hi Tony, It is too sad that Kaminski's brothers can't participate in this event. As you know they are in Turkey right now playing in WYCC.
      :)
      Yes it is. As well, Eric Hansen, Richard Wang and David Zhang will also not be able to attend as they are in Turkey.

I was thinking of contacting the organizers of the WYCC this year to ask them to move their dates, but I figured they wouldn't listen to me anyway :)

Comment

Working...
      X