First In Chess, Now Sudoku;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First In Chess, Now Sudoku;

Any chess or sudoku players out there know a Eugene Varshavsky, who may or may not be from Lawrenceville, N.J.?

Full Story here : First In Chess, Now Sudoku;
    A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing

Re: First In Chess, Now Sudoku;

I'm pretty sure I remember this guy from the World Open back in 2006. This topic caught my eye as I am quite an aficionado of sudoku as well. In terms of cheating, it would seem to me that it should be much harder at sudoku since there is not a specific set puzzle at the start unlike chess.

Comment

I used to be a Sudoku lover, and it was great! However, in my opinion, Ken-Ken (or Mathdoku) is even better. Note that newspapers only go up to 4x4 or 6x6, but if you look, you can find 7x7, 8x8, 9x9; and those are fantastic. In a nutshell, it follows the same rules as Sudoku regarding all digits once in each column or row, but it also includes solving mini-puzzles using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division. Caution though, once you get hooked on this, you might not appreciate Sudoku as much as you used to!

Comment

It certainly sounds like the same scammer, though.Bill Shortz ( all this can be found , people , through your own independent internet searches -- forget the credit card number beforehand:)) #! crossword creator (ny times) claims this can 'easily' be done with a tiny digital camera and a cell phone for transfer of data. That sounds too complicated. I prefer the casual audience factor which could allow for something as effectively mundane as handsignals.That Vankeshov did so poorly in final round under intense scrutiny, and that he cashed the third place winners' cheque within minutes of winning, gives ample reason for suspicion. Respectfully, I would kick your butt at bullet sudoku.Spank that illiterate Norse savant doblesppeed; at least it would signal no half points to your future Londonite underlings,especially that moderately railroading Nigel gamer.Don't forget the time lag between Oslo and London! Cheers:D

Comment

If you're tired of Sudoku, try Kakuro!! It's a cross between Sudoku and crossword puzzles.

http://www.atksolutions.com/games/kakuro.html
          No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Originally posted by David McTavish View Post
            It certainly sounds like the same scammer, though.Bill Shortz ( all this can be found , people , through your own independent internet searches -- forget the credit card number beforehand:)) #! crossword creator (ny times) claims this can 'easily' be done with a tiny digital camera and a cell phone for transfer of data. That sounds too complicated. I prefer the casual audience factor which could allow for something as effectively mundane as handsignals.That Vankeshov did so poorly in final round under intense scrutiny, and that he cashed the third place winners' cheque within minutes of winning, gives ample reason for suspicion. Respectfully, I would kick your butt at bullet sudoku.Spank that illiterate Norse savant doblesppeed; at least it would signal no half points to your future Londonite underlings,especially that moderately railroading Nigel gamer.Don't forget the time lag between Oslo and London! Cheers:D
            Hmm, I am not so sure you would beat me at bullet sudoku if I had a few days to warm up again. :) That's all for now as I have to go play a few GMs in blitz here in Oslo!

Comment

Congratulations Hikaru ... for beating Magnus very recently! You are the real master in that play.
              :)

Comment

Working...
              X