Level of oilsands pollution 5x higher than Alberta claims?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Level of oilsands pollution 5x higher than Alberta claims?

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
    The point is "WE" don't want to cut emissions. A few looney tunes want to cut emissions and governments will soon find if they want to change our life style and cost us jobs we won't vote for them.
    Gary, this sounds like a prediction.

When exactly will governments find this out? Which governments exactly?
    Only the rushing is heard...
    Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
      Gary, this sounds like a prediction.

When exactly will governments find this out? Which governments exactly?
      Ontario and probably B.C. will likely change governments. I'm not sure the federal conservatives are really committed to large changes. The Liberals and NDP are tarred with the enviromentalist tag and barring a major change in sentiment are not likely to win.

Only my own opinion.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Republicans help science? Like, denying federal funds for stem cell research on religious grounds?

Do you think speed limits are put in place to deny "fun on the highway"? Do you not want any limits at all?

American universities produce mainly NFL and NBA players. The rest of what comes out of American universities are primarily the jockstraps that couldn't make it to the pros and had to become "engineers" or other real working professionals instead.

There are some other good engineers produced, I suppose, but they are the ones doing stem cell research and receiving no Republican federal funding because Republicans are so in favor of science.
        90% of all the brevets comes from USA. The smaller the government, the better it is for science and productivity. See how USA did compared to the soviet regime.

Comment

I forgot Alberta. I think the Wildrose Alliance has a decent chance of sqeezing out the Conservatives. This at least partly over oil and gas royalties. When the present government raised the royalty rates many of the drillers left. Provincial revenue droped. I heard drill rigs moved south of the border. I'm looking for the royalty rates to be "adjusted" before too long to try to entice the companies to drill more wells. There are already some short term incentives in Alberta and B.C.

In Newfoundland, I think the provincial government is safe. Danny Williams is almost as popular as Joey himself.

With Quebec, I don't know. Other than their carbon tax, they are a good place to do business.

Regarding the other provinces, who really cares?
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Bilodeau View Post
            90% of all the brevets comes from USA.
            I had to look up "brevets" in French, because it means something completely different in English. In French, it is equivalent to the English word "patent".

90% of the patents coming from the USA are for useless time wasters and idiotic devices. If everything were as wonderful as Carl imagines, there would be no issues or problems to discuss here.

Just saw the news that BlackBerry users have been hit my major outages lately. For a lot of them, it is catastrophe, because they rely on their little devices so much that when they fail, their lives come to a screeching halt.

Hurray for modern technology!
            Only the rushing is heard...
            Onward flies the bird.

Comment

I had to look up "brevets" in French, because it means something completely different in English. In French, it is equivalent to the English word "patent".

90% of the patents coming from the USA are for useless time wasters and idiotic devices. If everything were as wonderful as Carl imagines, there would be no issues or problems to discuss here.

Just saw the news that BlackBerry users have been hit my major outages lately. For a lot of them, it is catastrophe, because they rely on their little devices so much that when they fail, their lives come to a screeching halt.

Hurray for modern technology!
              Paul,

Hi Guys,

Can you bring this discussion to another board. I don't mind off topic posts from time to time...but I think this is a little much :)

Have a great climate productive 2010...and many more to come :)

Larry

There has been the ozone problem. Then the USA created a gaz to replace the freon in the refrigerators. Now the problem is solved, no more ozone hole and nobody talks about it anymore.

Our cars used to pollute, americans created the catalysers so that today the problem is solved.

USA create 90% of the patents in the world. Technology bring solutions to the problems. Modern world is simply fantastic because of these patents.

If there had been eco-extremists 20 years ago, we would have no refrigerators in our houses today and would have change our food industry. Today we would eat cookies and hot beer.

Carl

Comment

Working...
              X