Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: chess ratings update?

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    I am also getting links posted at the EOCA tournaments webpage. I just sent the email request, and it should be done by tomorrow. Please advise if you still cannot see them.
    Now done, thanks to our wonderful webmaster, at the EOCA tournaments webpage :

http://www.eoca.org/htm/tournaments_2009-2010.html

Comment

Thanks, Aris, but I get a "cannot display" result or website down, or some other error message when I try to get the detailed info. Not that it matters much at my level. In any case, I have no doubt you posted promptly. Eric tends to take a little while even though his event was earlier.

Comment

I just checked, and it looks like there was a rating run yesterday, as scheduled for Wednesdays, but the RA Autumn Frost didn't make it in. I dunno if Eric submitted it.

Comment

I am curious to know what is involved in submitting these results. Could one just hand them off after the last game is finished or is there some pre-processing that must be done?
          Also, if tournaments are submitted out of order over several rating periods, do they get "retrofitted" into the the crosstable and ratings pages?
          Last edited by Keven Eyre; Friday, 25th December, 2009, 12:53 AM. Reason: correctness

Comment

Originally posted by Keven Eyre View Post
            I am curious to know what is involved in submitting these results. Could one just hand them off after the last game is finished or is there some pre-processing that must be done?
            Also, if tournaments are submitted out of order over several rating periods, do they get "retrofitted" into the the crosstable and ratings pages?
            Hi Keven, from what I understand, most TDs email the results to the CFC within a day or so after the end of the event, trying to make the Wednesday cutoff. We also have to submit payment, and so rating might take place after the CFC has received payment.

The email format has been standardized using Swiss-Sys, and so there is not much pre-processing. However, for the National Capital Open, for example, we had 3 sections where the first section was also rated FIDE, and where some Amateur players floated up or down a section in some rounds, in order to ensure even numbers. Therefore, my nice Assistant TD, Dave Gordon, had to adjust the results so that the FIDE section only had all the FIDE rated games. This understandably took a little longer, but it was CFC rated the following week. The original wall chart and the CFC crosstables have since been posted at the EOCA website (unfortunately, weblinks to the CFC website often fail! :(

Speaking of the CFC website, I cannot tell if the RA Autumn Frost has been rated yet? Anyone know whether Eric has submitted the results, and/or if Gerry was in this week?

P.S. I am not sure how late results get retrofitted, but there is a set procedure for them.

Happy New Year !!!

Comment

I am disappointed to see the RA Autumn Frost still doesn't seem to have been rated.

Does anyone know whether Eric has submitted the results? Is Gerry out of the office?

Comment

Working...
              X