X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's Preaching Now

Originally posted by Carl Bilodeau View Post
    From this text I see that she is an emotional preacher about global warming. In the text she still claims there is consensus, she refers to the scientists of the climategate emails, and to their false studys.

She talks to the american public in the text and want them to believe in global warming and gives them many reason to do so. She show the statistics about the believers in USA and want it to change. This is preaching.

Benoit, when I read scientific articles I never see that kind of emotional preaching. No doubt climate is a religion for her and nothing in the world will change her mind, not even a drastic cooling. Don't expect her to write this year about the recent recovery of ice and the effect this had on many scientists.
    Yet another editorial with personal impressions, anecdotes, and mindreading. Yet another text void of argument with a mouthful of claims. Yet another strange way to talk down preaching.

Comment

Re: Who's Preaching Now

Originally posted by Benoit St-Pierre View Post
      Yet another editorial with personal impressions, anecdotes, and mindreading. Yet another text void of argument with a mouthful of claims. Yet another strange way to talk down preaching.
      This person created a study from manipulated data to show that there is consensus on global warming among scientist.

In the text you supply she proove to be biased since she try to demonstrate that the global warming is true. This person had a large impact to what leaded to Kyoto since she made people believed there was a consensus.

Here is some extracts:

Moreover, there is another way to think about this issue.
      Contrarians have put inordinate amounts of effort into trying
      to find something that is wrong with climate science, and despite
      all this effort, they have come up empty-handed. Year
      after year, the evidence that global warming is real and serious
      has only strengthened.14 Perhaps that is the strongest argument
      of all. Contrarians have repeatedly tried to falsify the consensus,
      and they have repeatedly failed.

Is this rational science? I never have seen something like this in science. To me this is complete non sense.

Carl
      Last edited by Carl Bilodeau; Saturday, 26th December, 2009, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X