Canadian Open - Comparisons??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canadian Open - Comparisons??

Nothing to see in Fredericton? How about Dali's Crucifixion? That alone was worth the "price of admission".

Whatever format organizers choose, inevitably players will stay away because of it--and others will come because of it. I remember that my public refusal to play in Ottawa tournaments which allowed smoking, changed the minds of organizers ("we didn't like smoking either, but we never thought that players would stay away because of it".) and the conditions of tournaments. Refusal to play in a certain format of Canadian Open has been less effective. Bigger pond is one reason.

I played in every Canadian Open from 1970 to 1978 (except 1975 and 78 which were Zonal years). After that, work responsibilities reared their ugly collective head. But I would say that St. John's 1970, Vancouver 1971, Montreal 1974, and Fredericton 1977 left the best memories. The other two events, on balance, were pretty good, too! How lucky we were--and are!

Weather is an important factor when the Open is held in the QC-Windsor corridor. It can get darned hot and sticky there in the height of summer.
    For that reason alone, Nova Scotia is long overdue as a Canadian Open host.

Comment

Working...
    X