FIDE rating requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIDE rating requirements

I was wondering if anyone knew the current requirements to achieve a FIDE rating. I was under the impression that I should have one by now but I am still unrated. I have 11 games going back 5 years. I have scored at least 1 point in every FIDE rated tourney and have played at least 3 games in each of my last 3 FIDE rated tournaments.

I understand that the rules for tournament play have changed alot over the years. Have the requirements also changed I wonder? Maybe they only take games from the last couple years?

If anyone knows a little about this subject I'd appreciate the update, my info is from like 15 years ago when I used to play more.

Re: FIDE rating requirements

Originally posted by Daryl Bertrand View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knew the current requirements to achieve a FIDE rating. I was under the impression that I should have one by now but I am still unrated. I have 11 games going back 5 years. I have scored at least 1 point in every FIDE rated tourney and have played at least 3 games in each of my last 3 FIDE rated tournaments.

I understand that the rules for tournament play have changed alot over the years. Have the requirements also changed I wonder? Maybe they only take games from the last couple years?

If anyone knows a little about this subject I'd appreciate the update, my info is from like 15 years ago when I used to play more.
    Hi Daryl, I'm just rushing out, but check out the following link from the FIDE website :

http://www.fide.com/fide/handbook?id=72&view=article

At quick glance, 7.14c seems to confirm your suspicion about the 2 years. Also, if you were counting on the results of the National Capital Open, it seems that those will only be included as of January 1st. I didn't find a quick easy way to see how close you are :(

Comment

Re: FIDE rating requirements

Hi Daryl,

According to the FIDE site, you have 5/9 games required to get a FIDE rating. The reason that you don't have one yet is because all 9 games need to happen within 2 years. Your result from the 2007 Canadian Open is too old to count. Also, in the tournaments where you scored at least 1 point, were there 3 FIDE rated games? (The event must have 3+ games to count.)

Hope that helps,

Keith
      Last edited by Keith MacKinnon; Friday, 1st January, 2010, 02:43 PM. Reason: adding info

Comment

Working...
      X