2010 Canadian Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Canadian Open

Personalized website for 2010 Canadian Open Chess Championship for hotel room booking

Guests can access the site to learn more about the event and to book, modify, or cancel a reservation from January 08, 2010 to July 20, 2010.

http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarG...7822&key=E13A9
    Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Saturday, 9th January, 2010, 11:08 PM.

Comment

up[dated] :)

---

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
        up[dated] :)

---
        Just wondering if the organizers have already finalized the prize fund distributions so that we could see a preregistered lists of participants.

Any updates?!:)

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Love View Post
          finalized the prize fund distributions
          This information and much more should be available by the end of next week.

Comment

This information and much more should be available by the end of next week.

Any news as promised or development in this topic? What about a pre-registered list of chess players including visiting ... GM's?

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
              Just wanted to be clear on the starting times for the First two Rounds of Cdn Open in Toronto.
              The Flyer I have seen says that all Rounds 6 pm except on last two days.

If this is correct then what time should we arrive Saturday Rd 1 to be part of the Opening ceremonies?

Maybe some Round times and Opening remark times could be clarified or will there be an official Flyer out soon. Also when can we start sending our entries to the CFC?

These questions I'm passing on from others who keep calling me for answers.
              Are there any updates, Egidijus?

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar Posylek View Post
                Are there any updates, Egidijus?
                Internal only.

Comment

FIDE's official information:

Tournament Details September 2010
                  Detailed Information
                  Event code 49379
                  Tournament Name 2010 Canadian Open
                  City Toronto, Ontario
                  Country CAN
                  Number of players 300
                  System s
                  Category 0
                  Start Date 2010-07-10
                  Date received Not submitted
                  End Date 2010-07-18
                  Type
                  Zone
                  Chief Arbiter Bond, Hal IA
                  Deputy Arbiter Lamb, Bryan
                  Organizer Greater Toronto Chess League
                  Crosstable
                  PGN file

Comment

The newest flyer at chess.ca

http://www.chess.ca/misc2009/2010CANOP.pdf

Comment

The newest flyer at chess.ca

http://www.chess.ca/misc2009/2010CANOP.pdf

Is there another way of paying my registration fee using my paypal account aside from the requested payment options? This method of payment saves time for the participants and the organizers and much more convenient, secured and insured.

Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by Ferdinand Supsup View Post
                        Is there another way of paying my registration fee using my paypal account aside from the requested payment options?
                        There was an email distributed among the organizers stating that "Website will not be enabled to take credit card entries". (Probably reasons were discussed during the final meeting, which I missed, so I can not provide them)

As I know, the CFC accepts Paypal as a membership (renewal) payment, thus in a principal there should be no technical problems... I'll ask for details.

Comment

There was an email distributed among the organizers stating that "Website will not be enabled to take credit card entries". (Probably reasons were discussed during the final meeting, which I missed, so I can not provide them)

As I know, the CFC accepts Paypal as a membership (renewal) payment, thus in a principal there should be no technical problems... I'll ask for details.
                          Thanks for the prompt reply and looking forward towards a more convenient and secured ways of paying registration fees online.

Comment

Today, I received through my e-mail address (CFC membership info.) the billing information to pay my registration fee through my paypal account and confirmed payment. For other participants who may wish to pay their entry fees through Paypal, do they have to respond to this post to receive the billing information similar to what I got or a link will be provided for this payment option later?

Thanks for the quick action on this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferdinand Supsup View Post
                              For other participants who may wish to pay their entry fees through Paypal, do they have to respond to this post to receive the billing information similar to what I got or a link will be provided for this payment option later?
                              At this moment the answer is no...

Comment

Brian Fiedler will have a supply of the Canadian Open tournament flyers at this Saturday's blitz at Mom's Cafe:
                                *** Play starts every Saturday at 2pm at Mom's Cafe, 1098 Danforth Ave, (1 block east of Donlands subway station)
                                Info: Vlad (647) 207-9342

Comment

Working...
                                X