Timeshare in Collingwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeshare in Collingwood

Sorry folks, this thread is not chess related, but if you could indulge me please.

My father has a 1 week timeshare in Collingwood. He hasn't used it in years, and would like to sell it. Previous inquiries were fruitless, but recently he got a phone call from saleman from Rapid Resale (Secondary Solutions Group Inc.) out of Collingwood. He claims he can get about $ 8,000 since it is prime time for ski resort, ie. last week of February. He offers various service levels, from just a website listing to his full service. He recommends his full service option, but that is a $ 999 fee upfront.

There have been a lot of shady characters in the timeshare business, so I'm doing some research first. Too many con men preying on the elderly.

The industry watchdog appears to be the CRDA, Canadian Resort Development Association. Rapid Resale is a member. CRDA talks about enforcing a code of ethics, but do they really. Are they really an industry watchdog or industry lapdog?

Has anyone had dealings with either Rapid Resale or the CRDA?

Help.

Re: Timeshare in Collingwood

I'm sure you can google as well as I, maybe even better. Look at this thread:
    http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98278

Or this one, Rapid Resale are described as slimeballs, amongst other things.

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...en-scam-2.html

In general, I wouldn't pay anyone upfront to sell a property... what incentive do they have to perform, other than their good nature?
    Last edited by John Coleman; Monday, 11th January, 2010, 11:16 PM.

Comment

I know 21st Century real estate agency does sell ytime share if need be. It is best to contact a known reputable agency like 21st Century or Remax. I have also seen people place adds in UsedOttawa.com and Kijiji.ca to sell their timeshare. Do you know which company is this timeshare is affiliated with and what is the annual maintenance fee?

Comment

Most important rule: Never pay an up-front fee in an effort to sell your Timeshare!

You may want to read How to Sell Your Timeshare at http://tug2.net/advice/howtosellyourtimeshare.htm.

Comment

Thanks Chesstalkers! My own research is confirming the consensus opinion here, that paying an upfront fee is the wrong way to go. I have found some free websites that will list the property for sale. I will give that a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
            Thanks Chesstalkers! My own research is confirming the consensus opinion here, that paying an upfront fee is the wrong way to go. I have found some free websites that will list the property for sale. I will give that a try.
            Hi Bob,

Why don't you offer your timeshare here..and chop 50% off the commission fee...everybody wins :)

BTW, I was impressed with the posts on this topic...gee..in the future I will without a doubt ask for the ChessTalk perspective on things LOL

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
              BTW, I was impressed with the posts on this topic...gee..in the future I will without a doubt ask for the ChessTalk perspective on things LOL

Larry
              Big Noise like Thunder in Sky. Armageddon? Nooooooo. Larry's LOL from 3,000 miles away.

Rental house in Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico !?

An uncle (in-law) was born in Collingwood.

I once investigated timeshares here on Vancouver Island. There was the attraction of being able to trade weeks with anybody in the world, but they sure wanted to ding you on fees (for doing just that) and on maintenance. YMMV.

Comment

Working...
              X