Hamilton Winter Open 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hamilton Winter Open 2010

Do you have the list of pre-registered participants?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Love View Post
      Do you have the list of pre-registered participants?

Thanks!
      Not yet. We do not post a preregistered list until about 1 week prior. :)

Comment

Aris

Please accept my apology for this conflict. I had checked several areas for tournaments but I didn't think to check Ottawa, so the mistake is mine.

We tend to get players from South and Western Ontario so I think the conflict wont be too bad, but I'm still kicking myself for not being on top of this.

I agree we need to try and pre empt conflicts with each other in the future and we will try to do a better job in the future.

Garvin

Comment

Originally posted by Garvin Nunes View Post
          Aris

Please accept my apology for this conflict. I had checked several areas for tournaments but I didn't think to check Ottawa, so the mistake is mine.

We tend to get players from South and Western Ontario so I think the conflict wont be too bad, but I'm still kicking myself for not being on top of this.

I agree we need to try and pre empt conflicts with each other in the future and we will try to do a better job in the future.

Garvin
          Hey Garvin, I was lucky to be able to change our event, so no problemo! I think it was the right thing to do, as we have a few players from SWOCL and GTCL this weekend, and I imagine more would be interested with the better driving conditions in March.

For people waiting for results and pairings for the RA Winter Open, and wondering why the heck I haven't done them yet rather than surfing ChessTalk, well, I just got home, and I'm relaxing a bit with melba rounds, hummus, and beer! It could take a while, as I need to figure out CFC membership options for all the Montrealers who arrived onsite today. So, please consider going to sleep, and seeing your pairing in the morning! ;)

Comment

The date is fast approaching, so it's best to refresh this thread,

Hamilton Winter Open 2010
            A chess tournament Presented by the Hamilton City Chess Club
            5 Round Weekend Swiss - Mar 13th & 14th
            Hamilton Wentworth District School Board
            100 Main St West
            Hamilton, Ontario

Parking & entrance behind the building, enter off Bay St. between King & Main
            Please Confirm Your Registration Saturday Mar 13 at 9:00 am – cash only.
            Schedule: Saturday - 9:30 am, 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm
            Sunday - 11:00 am and 3:30 pm
            Round Times Begin as scheduled or ASAP

This tournament will have 3 sections:
            Open, U1900 and Juniors (15 and under + U1650)
            Open and U1900 will play for cash prizes. Juniors will play for trophies
            All Juniors who play round 5 get a cool competitors ribbon!
            Entry Fee: Open and U1900 $45.00
            Juniors $15.00
            Email us by Mar 12 to receive $5.00 discount
            Titled Players who commit to playing by Feb 20 will receive major discount
            When you pre-register please tell us what section you want to play in!
            Time Control: All Games 80 minutes with a 30 second Increment
            Open and U1900 Sections Require CFC membership
            Juniors do not require CFC membership but CFC rules (e.g. recording moves) still apply
            Bring Chess sets, Boards & clocks--no computers on site
            Please turn off your cell phones
            Parents will not be allowed in junior playing hall
            Email your questions to: chesshamilton@gmail.com
            Or visit http://chess.servegame.com/Hamilton for information updates
            Organizers: Garvin Nunes, Bob Gillanders, Joe Ellis, Gordon Gooding, Mikhail Egorov
            This is a SWOCL grand prix event

This event will also be hosting the SWOCL annual meeting on Sunday morning at 9:30 am. Everyone is welcome, volunteer if you wish, or just put in your 2 cents. We would love to hear your comments and ideas.:)

Comment

Hello.

I am Jesse Wang I would like to play, but I need a ride to the playing site. Is anyone kind enough to offer me one? Please e-mail me at kri-os@hotmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi All!

I would like to remind everyone who has a digital clock with increments to please try and bring it for our event. We have a few of our own, but it won't be enough for everyone.

Thanks!

Garvin

Comment

The Hamilton Club is part of the OCA is it not.
                  Call up the President and see if he can provide you with some clocks.
                  Is that what the clocks were bought for ... to use in Ontario Chess Tournaments?
                  I'll bring mine.

Comment

Moving this thread to the top!!

Hamilton Winter Open this weekend! Garvin has promised a pre registered list this evening. But why wait, you know you want to play!:)

36 players have registered already!! Keep em coming folks.

Comment

Following Hans' advice the pre reg list is now at:
                      http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2876
                      Last edited by Garvin Nunes; Wednesday, 10th March, 2010, 07:36 PM. Reason: Changed my mind

Comment

Hi Garvin, Doug Bailey is an FM (to my knowledge) and also can you start a new thread with your preregistered list (its better advertising) :)Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
                          The Hamilton Club is part of the OCA is it not.
                          Call up the President and see if he can provide you with some clocks.
                          Is that what the clocks were bought for ... to use in Ontario Chess Tournaments?
                          I'll bring mine.
                          I will definitely look into that for our next tournament. For this one, however, I'd ask participants to bring their personal digital clocks and we will hopefully have enough at our club to make up for the shortfall.

Comment

Working...
                          X