creating chess documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating chess documents

Maybe someone will find it useful as well.

LaTeX package chessboard
    ftp://tug.ctan.org/pub/tex-archive/m...chessboard.pdf
    The most interesting feature, at least for me, is a replay of a game in the title page :)

Re: creating chess documents

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    Maybe someone will find it useful as well.

LaTeX package chessboard
    ftp://tug.ctan.org/pub/tex-archive/m...chessboard.pdf
    The most interesting feature, at least for me, is a replay of a game in the title page :)
    Nice. Maybe I'm blind, but does he show any example of displaying a piece sideways or upside down, like a grasshopper or edgehopper in fairy chess?

<ramble>In 1985 I moved to Vancouver and used to pop by the reading room of the UBC Math Library to read Tugboat. Of course, my main thought was chess diagrams and figurines. In those pre-GUI days they were still working through the concept of displaying the same thing on the screen that you would (it was hoped) see on the printout. In fact, for anybody who has printed out a web page, they still are perfecting that concept. Anyway, TeX was highly source-code, and I'm a source-code guy ... but maybe the computers of the day weren't powerful enough. In 1987 I started working on chess publishing, but the route was Xerox Ventura Publisher. It was definitely the way to go, and still very source-code manipulation friendly (eventually, Corel Ventura went away from that concept). That's how I was able to write YWDD and produce a particular code-heavy book, Divinsky's Life Maps of the Great Chess Masters.</ramble> For me, a blast from the past.

Comment

Working...
    X