From Wijk aan Zee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Wijk aan Zee

The game to watch this morning live is Nakamura - Carlsen.
    See it live>>>>> http://livechess.chessdom.com/site/

Re: From Wijk aan Zee

Smeets - Kramnik
    1 e4 d6 :D go Kramnik go :D

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
      Smeets - Kramnik
      1 e4 d6 :D go Kramnik go :D
      and he went :D

0-1

Comment

Van Wely-Shirov

I kind of like this match-up. Van Wely can be dangerous, as Short discovered in round one, but I like Shirov's chances. He is up the exchange and the position looks winnable.:D

Comment

And it was.....a Pirc !

Bob

Comment

Smeets once again gets into major time trouble, and loses against Kramnik.

Shirov looks to go 5/5 with a win against Van Wely. Van Wely runs into time trouble.
            - Shirov now is 5/5. Nice win :)

Nakamura has good pressure on Carlsen but a draw most likely. Very impressive game for Nakamura! He has to be happy with his game. He certainly is showing that he can play with the very best.

Short looks like he is going to beat Ivanchuk!
            Last edited by Jason Lohner; Thursday, 21st January, 2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I don't know how long Shirov can keep this up---he has yet to meet the four top-ranked players---but it certainly is fun to see him go on this tear.
              Time pressure or not, his endgame play against Van Wely was very impressive.
              Shirov meets Short tomorrow---one on a tear and the other out for blood. Should be a great game.

Comment

Working...
              X