Viktar Chuprys Memorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viktar Chuprys Memorial

This was posted at the CFC Tournament schedule. Just reposting here @ chesstalk.

Viktar Chuprys Memorial
    City: Mississauga
    Dates: Thursday, January 28th to March 4th, 2010
    Place: Mississauga Chess Club (U of T - Mississauga)

http://www.mississaugachessclub.ca/mccAbout.htm

Rds: 6
    Times: Each Thursday 8pm to 11pm
    Type: Swiss, Standard Rated
    TC: G/90
    EF: $50 for non-club members
    Prizes: $$BEN$$

Sponsor: Gideon Travel & Tours Ltd http://www.gideontravel.com.

FYI...

Re: Viktar Chuprys Memorial

I wonder what could be the sponsor's (Gideon Travel & Tours Ltd, the ad says ) contribution to this "50$ entry fee with based on entries prizes " tournament ? Usually "sponsorship" translates into an above average event with some guaranteed prizes or at least some frills announced beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
      I wonder what could be the sponsor's (Gideon Travel & Tours Ltd, the ad says ) contribution to this "50$ entry fee with based on entries prizes " tournament ? Usually "sponsorship" translates into an above average event with some guaranteed prizes or at least some frills announced beforehand.
      I am not sure what happened, but what is on the CFC website, is not exactly what I sent in. Here is the corrected version:

Viktar Chuprys Memorial

Mississauga Chess Club presents the:
      3rd annual Viktar Chuprys Memorial
      6 Thursdays from 8:00pm-11:00pm from Jan 28, 2010 - March 4, 2010
      $200 guaranteed prize fund.
      Sponsor: Gideon Travel and Tours Ltd www.gideontravel.com
      CFC rated, 6 rounds, 90 min/game
      free entry for Mississauga Chess Club members
      email: chessking123@hotmail.com
      Entry fee for non club members is $ 50. (So why not join the club. Full adult membership is only $35 /year).

Gideon Travel has generously donated $ 100, and the club is matching it. I think a prize fund of $ 200 is generous considering the free entry for club members. The $ 50 entry fee for non members is really just a teaser to sign up new members. :)

I hope that clarifies it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
        Not to be a troll, as I just wrote earlier this week I wouldn't do that, but you do seem to be trying to educate us about sponsorship, a topic that is chess related.

I think David Ottosen proved to us all that you don't know diddley about sponsorship. He educated YOU about that, to the point where you couldn't even respond to his posts:

http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...16919#poststop

And he even told you that he was a potential sponsor...talk about committing hari-kari.

Wow, isn't it amazing? Someone mentions sponsorship, buried deep in a thread, and Hebert swoops down like a vulture, looking for scraps, or "frills" as he calls them. What do you want, Jean? You want dancing girls? You want a red carpet, with trumpets blaring, and "Ladies and Gentlemen, here he is, Jean Hebert!" blaring from loudspeakers?

Maybe you should move to Europe... but warning, lots of trouble brewing there. Sovereign debt default and all.
        Only the rushing is heard...
        Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Mississauga Chess Club had offered Viktar Chuprys Memorial Chess Tournament a guaranteed prize fund of $400 plus trophies last year to all members who signed up for an annual membership of $35.This year, a proposal had been approved during the AGM that instead of awarding cash prizes and trophies at the Viktar Chuprys Memorial alone and at the start of the year, it was decided that cash prizes and trophies will be awarded to members who have accumulated the highest Grand Prix points (Top 5 or more - TBD) in all MCC tournaments this year.

http://www.mississaugachessclub.ca/mccGrandpp.htm

The primary reason of the decision to change to GRAND PRIX points rather than of awarding cash and trophies in a single tournament is to encourage member's participation in weekly tournaments and accumulate GP points as much as possible to receive an award until the next AGM.

The $50 entry fee, (i think) includes the annual membership fee of $35, annual parking fee of $10 (U of T – Mississauga) plus the CFC rating/admin fees or basically as a annual fee for joining the club.

Since this is the first time that MCC received a private sponsor, the club matched $ to $ to maintain a guaranteed prize fund of $200 for the Viktar Chuprys Memorial which is advantageous to all members of the club (a possibility to get back an early refund of the annual membership plus an additional and potential GP award at the year end).

The club officers have done an excellent job of attracting young and old chess players to become members of the club. In fact, on the first day of the year the club opened, 54 kids came down to play. I am very proud of their progress and accomplishment year after year. I would like to commend all the MCC officers (especially Bob, Vince and Paul) for a job well done! Kudos!!!

Mississauga Chess Club had offered Viktar Chuprys Memorial Chess Tournament a guaranteed prize fund of $400 plus trophies last year to all members who signed up for an annual membership of $35.This year, a proposal had been approved during the AGM that instead of awarding cash prizes and trophies at the Viktar Chuprys Memorial alone and at the start of the year, it was decided that cash prizes and trophies will be awarded to members who have accumulated the highest Grand Prix points (Top 5 or more - TBD) in all MCC tournaments this year.

http://www.mississaugachessclub.ca/mccGrandpp.htm

The primary reason of the decision to change to GRAND PRIX points instead of awarding cash and trophies in a single tournament is to encourage member's participation in weekly tournaments and accumulate as much GP points in every tournament.

The $50 entry fee, (i think) includes the annual membership fee of $35, annual parking fee of $10 (U of T – Mississauga) plus the CFC rating/admin fees or basically as a annual fee for joining the club.

Since this is the first time that MCC received a private sponsor, the club matched $ to $ to maintain a guaranteed prize fund of $200 for the Viktar Chuprys Memorial which is advantageous to all members of the club (a possibility to get back an early refund of the annual membership plus an additional and potential GP award at the year end).

The club officers have done an excellent job of attracting young and old chess players to become members of the club. In fact, on the first day of the year the club opened, 54 kids came down to play. I am very proud of their progress and accomplishment year after year. I would like to commend all the MCC officers (especially Bob, Vince and Paul) for a job well done! Kudos!!!

Thank You!

Comment

Working...
          X