More Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Go

To reveal the most inspiring, heartbreaking, profound and historic moments in go history, Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto is going to organize two seminars of 1.5-hour each on Introduction to Go on August 10, 2008 (Sunday), one in Cantonese (1:30–2:30 pm) and the other in English (3:00–4:30 pm).

Great opportunity for beginners and interested persons alike to know more about go!

Come and join us on Sunday, August 10 at the CCC for a go seminar!

Jeffrey Fung from the UTSC Igo Club will be giving a seminar for the Chinese Cultural Center on Aug 10th. It is a short introduction to the game of go and its history.

For details http://www.cccgt.org/F.cgi/(en)/2008/Go/seminar.html

The Introduction to Go seminars will be conducted by the amateur 6-dan go player Jeffrey Fung. He has represented Canada in various go tournaments and won a number of important tournaments. Currently he is the President of the Go Club of University of Toronto at Scarborough. He has organized a number of open as well as school and university go tournaments.

For enquiry and registration, please call: 416-292-9293 ext.224 or 232.

Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto

5183 Sheppard Avenue East

Scarborough, Ontario
Canada M1B 5Z5

Major intersection:

One block east of the intersection of Sheppard Avenue East and Markham Road, at the southeast corner

Or (if you know the area): the southeast corner of the intersection of Sheppard Avenue East and Progress Avenue (Malvern Street)

Re: More Go

I thought this was ChessTalk? even though I suppose many chess players are interested in Go...

Anyway, important point: $10 entrance fee for adults (students, seniors and early birds are $8).
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

yeah, it's CHESS-talk :)

Comment

well let's see, its a board run by Chess & Math which also sells Go sets & books & that for a long time had a Go night at the Bayview club upstairs at their previous location

does that seem reasonable to you now? or should we go back to talking about whether polar bears are in danger of extinction or not?

Comment

oh good, the chess nerds have found someone they can feel superior to & push around, Go nerds ...

Comment

I don't think anyone has dissed GO here ... we just want our chess sanctuary, hahaha

Comment

Any game in which a computer can't easily beat you simply isn't worth learning to play. :p

Comment

Go is a hard game - it gives me a headache! And I'm not that bad at it...

It's entertaining seeing Suttles play go. His style would surprise you - or maybe not.

Comment

Working...
                X