Guelph - 70 players and counting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bator Sambuev knocked off twice by experts !?

Originally posted by Hugh Siddeley View Post
    I'm not sure if the headings are correct in the Games Viewer but it shows GM Sambuev losing in rounds 1 & 3 to experts !? If this is true, then WOW!
    From standings:
    "15 Bator Sambuev 146462 2638 L11 W19 L5 1.0"

Comment

Re: Guelph - 70 players and counting

Are the results posted anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
        Are the results posted anywhere?
        after three rounds: http://www.chessexpress.ca/guelphpro.../standings.htm

If you see an empty table, try to select an invisible text (CTRL+A) :)

Comment

Only a 3-round event, that's surprising. It was scheduled for 5 rounds. Maybe it was abandoned because of the superbowl, or something.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
            Only a 3-round event, that's surprising. It was scheduled for 5 rounds. Maybe it was abandoned because of the superbowl, or something.
            Probably the final results have not yet been posted :D

Comment

For those of you having probs with the game viewer provided at Guelph Winter Pro Am 2010 I have used the same pgn data to make up an alternative viewer, my viewer for Guelph ProAm 2010 Winter There is a special feature that allows the reader to move the pieces around on the board with click - click and right arrow on keyboard advances one move.

Will update when more games become available using the same URL as above.
              Looks like it was a good tourney, wished I could have played. The juniors are taking over the world!

please let me know if there is any problems with my viewer. (especially IE and opera users)
              Thx Bill Evans
              Last edited by Bill Evans; Monday, 8th February, 2010, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Hal,

Thank you very much for the tournament!

Looking forward to the next one!

Comment

Dear Chess Talkers;

Thank for your interest in the Guelph Winter Pro-Am. We had 75 players in total. all of whom displayed exemplary sportsmanship. Thanks to assistant TD Michael von Keitz and Patrick McDonald for their great help.

The Pro Section was split between Artiom Samsonkin and Nikolay Noritsyn with 4.5 scores. Neither of them had to face the battered Sambuev, who was off form this weekend. They drew each other and disposed of everyone else. Artiom defeated Victor Plotkin in the final round, and Nikolay prevailed against Alex Martchenko. Nikita Gusev won against Calugar to split the 3rd-4th prizes with Roman Sapozhnikov, who ground down Filipovich.

The U2000 section was shared by Israel Crooks, Ian Finlay and Liza Orlova at 4 points each. Shafkat Ali went 5-0 in the U1700, followed by Frank Lee and Zach Dukic, who nosed out John Brown on tie break. Sergey Noritsyn socred 4 point to top the U1400s, followed by Benjamin Papernick and Damir Baizhieynov at 3.5.

Comment

Hal thanks for the tournament I always like starting the SWCOL Grand Prix with this tournament.
                    I believe Shafkat drew with Frank in Rd 4. We went over his last game in the pub. Well done Shafkat.

Frank is a very friendly gentleman, he plays very sharp and does not give you a rest in his games. I hope to meet him again at other tournaments maybe he will have his chance to get even, his score right now is -1 against me.

Zachary deserved the trophy on Tie Break. He is improving every time I see him. Great Job well done.

Comment

I stand corrected John - yes, Shafkat scored 4.5. The tournament should be rated today.

Comment

Are there any games available from the last 2 rounds? Also - the official site crosstable only covers the first 3 rounds.

Comment

Hi Hugh

I'll try emailing you. The Chess Express site should be updated soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X