Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirov vs. Murray 2010 Simul

Hello,

Some folks have been asking for the Shirov simul games.

My game is published here. I found the game and variations instructive, and maybe you will, too. I would be pleased to receive feedback or questions.

Have a nice day,

Adam

Re: Shirov vs. Murray 2010 Simul

A very enjoyable game. After your idea 34...Rh8 I was having fun with 35.g4+ and the position is a mess (but the kind of mess I relish). Thanks for posting the game.

Comment

Re: Shirov vs. Murray 2010 Simul

Thank you for your comment, Hans.

After 34...Rh8! <diagram> 35.g4+ Kxf6, White has a few options, but I think he's close to busted.

1) 36.Qxe4 Bxh2+ 37.Kg2 Ne5 (threat 38.Nxg4) - maybe White can trade Queen for 3 pieces leaving QvR+2P, and maybe there is some kind of fortress somewhere.

2) 36.h3 Qe7 37.Re1 Re8 and I think Black is not far from breaking through, what can White do but wait?

3) 36.Re1 d5 37.cxd5 Qxd5 38.Qxe4 Qxe4 39.Rxe4 Kg5 is similar to a variation in the published game -- unless I am missing something, Black has enough time to stop any pawn play and ends up in a winning position with his two extra pieces.

Thanks for pointing out 35.g4+, I failed to notice this check in my analysis!
      Last edited by Adam Murray; Friday, 19th February, 2010, 08:26 AM. Reason: Added diagram.

Comment

Working...
      X