A CFC Van Dusen Administration Report Card - Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A CFC Van Dusen Administration Report Card - Poll

The members' CFC Chess Forum has a poll/report card thread on how the CFC Van Dusen administration has been doing, now that it is 2/3 through its 1st term.

Bob

Re: A CFC Van Dusen Administration Report Card - Poll

The poll on the effectiveness of the Van Dusen administration has now been evaluated on the members' CFC Chess Forum.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
      The poll on the effectiveness of the Van Dusen administration has now been evaluated on the members' CFC Chess Forum.

Bob
      The Foundation has the money and van Dusen has the work. It doesn't hardly seem fair.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I looked at that poll Bob. Looks like the poll says poor job done.

Will the CFC ever have a good Job done from it's membership?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
          The members' CFC Chess Forum has a poll/report card thread on how the CFC Van Dusen administration has been doing, now that it is 2/3 through its 1st term.

Bob
          Not a good report card. Perhaps the present administration should repeat the grade for another year? Isnt that what they do with children that fail?
          Good administrations get things done. There are accomplishments. In the world there are many chess organizations that have accomplished many things.

Consider chess in schools in the Philippines for example:

http://www.fide.com/component/conten...ess-in-schools
          Last edited by Anthony Cheron; Saturday, 6th March, 2010, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Bob, there's some good stuff on the CFC forum. I like the one where someone wants to give the CFC president a 3 year mandate.

Get a president who wants to go into relative silence for the last 2 1/2 years and that idea will need a rethink.

He proposes one governor from each province. Same problem there if the governor, who it's proposed will be the president of the provincial association, only has an interest in his own province.

He also proposes the provinces take over promoting chess. Quebec already does that. They have their own organization and no real affialation, as a province, to the CFC. Good players who are interested in international play seem to join the CFC but the membership from that province does not seem to be very large.

Since most of the governors appear to be doing "shan't", if you get my drift, there might be some merit to getting rid of the majority of them.

Now, I have to tell you I aways thought the perfect chess organization is a benevolent dictatorship.

Why should the executive have to put out a large number of governors letters in a year? Do you have any idea how much time and effort goes into one of those? Time and effort which would be better spent on other CFC matters.

The governors should be putting out the letters and submitting them along with proposals to the executive for their consideration.

If you ever move to a three year term make sure you don't get someone like me. Elect me for three years and you'll be doing things my way. :)
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

A Dictator. Sounds interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
                A Dictator. Sounds interesting.
                Well, not exactly a dictator. A Benevolent Dictator. As an example, when someone wins an election running on a promise of no wage and price controls, or repealing the GST, or instituting government auto insurance (such as we had here in Ontario), does the opposite claiming it's for the good of the masses, you can't get rid of him during his term. Not even if it's the main plank in the platform. You get to vote the jerk out next election. However, it's basically a benevolent dictatorship.

A benevolent dicatorship lends itself well to the CFC, the way I see it. With so many governors appearing to do "shan't", the money safely squirreled away in the Foundation, anyone the executive elects can pretty much do what they want for their term to improve chess. It's not like he'll have much money to succeed.

The number of GL's wanted from the executive is really pretty funny when you get to think of it. Considering the time which must be going into doing them, it must be taking time from the work which could better be done in running the CFC.

The problem isn't finding a dictator because most people want power. The trick is to find a benevolent dictator who will do a good job during his term.

Now I must go. The Iditarod starts today and I'm rooting for the Jamaican Musher.
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                X