Chess in Regina?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess in Regina?

Does anyone know if there is any regular chess activity in Regina? I will be there from May 10-21 for work, so the evenings and weekend I will be more or less free.

If anyone could please e-mail me at jsberson at yahoo dot com with contact information of someone who plays or organizes chess in Regina, I would appreciate it. I found a Regina Chess Club website, but the e-mail address is no longer good, and the site has not been updated since 2008.

Thanks, Jordan
    No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Re: Chess in Regina?

Harvey King, a strong correspondence player from some years back lives in Regina. I am not sure how to get in touch with him, though I saw him on ICC a few months ago; sorry, can't remember his handle.

Comment

Thanks for the info Howard. I was able to get in touch with someone that I found on the chess.ca site. The e-mail address was outdated, but the phone number was still good.

Are you still in Montreal?
      No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan S. Berson View Post

Are you still in Montreal?
        Hi Jordan! I left Montreal for a Senior School teaching job in Vancouver nine years ago. My wife and I have a place on a small island (the only place we could afford) a 20-minute ferry ride from the city, 4,000 pop. with about 10,000 deer.

Most of my chess these days is on ICC playing bullet. How did you end up on the East Coast?

Comment

My wife and I got tired of Toronto life, and after her parents returned to NL after a 40-year absence to take retirement, we decided to follow.

E-mail me your ICC handle... jsberson at yahoo dot com

Comment

Working...
          X