Scarborough CC Lazy Hazy Summer Swiss starts April 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarborough CC Lazy Hazy Summer Swiss starts April 29

The 2009/2010 Scarborough Chess Club season finishes off with an 8 round Swiss tournament commencing on Thursday, April 29 and finishing Thursday, June 24 (there is no play on May 6). The tournament is open to all SCC members. If you're an SCC member and haven't signed up for this tournament either by emailing me or putting your name on the sign up list last week and want to play in this event, please email me at info@ScarboroughChessClub.ca. Registering in advance lets us get the round going as close to 7:30 p.m. as possible. Like all SCC regular tournaments, the Lazy Hazy Summer Swiss is free to members of the club.

If you're not an SCC member but would like to become one and play in this tournament, please show up at the Birkdale Community Centre just after 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 29 and we can get you signed up. All SCC tournaments are CFC rated and you can purchase or renew your CFC membership at our tournaments.

For more details on the upcoming tournament and on the Scarborough Chess Club, please visit our website www.scarboroughchessclub.ca.
    Last edited by Steve Karpik; Friday, 30th April, 2010, 06:11 PM.

Re: Scarborough CC Lazy Hazy Summer Swiss starts April 29

Originally posted by Steve Karpik View Post
    The 2009/2010 Scarborough Chess Club season finishes off with an 8 round Swiss tournament commencing on Thursday, April 29 and finishing Thursday, April 24 (there is no play on May 6). please visit our website www.scarboroughchessclub.ca.
    I think you mean it finishes June 24, not a week before it starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
      I think you mean it finishes June 24, not a week before it starts.
      Thank you Erik. The tournament does indeed end on June 24.

Comment

That's funny... a summer tournament that takes place 95% in the spring (53 days), and only 5% in the summer (4 days).

Maybe the tournament(s) should be called "Spring into Summer"? :)
        No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Hi Jordan:

Actually that was the initial name of the tournament, 'til it got changed !!

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X