Fischer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fischer....

Yes...the name that revolutionized the game of chess...any book or product with his name...automatically increases sales.

There is a new DVD out: "Me & Bobby Fischer"

This is the description and comments from people who bought it from Amazon.com (It don't come cheap!):

Product Description
    A documentary about Bobby Fischer's last years as his old friend Saemundur Palsson gets him out of jail in Japan and helps him settle in Iceland. A ringing telephone awakes Sæmi in the middle of the night. He receives emergency callf rom an old friend, Bobby Fischer, who called "collect" from a public phone in prison in Japan. Sæmundur did not hesitate one moment - this man must be rescued. It does not matter if he has not met his friend for three decades and only heard his voice over phone just few times all this time. His friend was in trouble and Sæmi is a friend indeed. Bobby Fischer became world champion in chess in Reykjavík in 1972, the first of which Americans had and thereby defeating the virtually indestructible Soviet chess machine that was dominating the chess sport.. The Cold War was at it´s peak and Bobby became national hero in the United States. The same year Sæmi and Bobby became friends in Reykjvík. In this documentary viewers get to know Sæmi rock´s struggle for the liberation of Bobby from prison in Japan and how he managed to provide his friend Icelandic citizenship. In the movie are individual interviews with Bobby Fischer after he settled in Iceland.

Here are the comments to-date:

1.0 out of 5 stars ****NOT AS ADVERTISED****
    By DriveByKid (NYC) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Me & Bobby Fischer (DVD)
    This DVD is not coded to play on North American DVD players. I got my money back.

I don't usually refer folks to other sites but in this case, under the present circumstances, I doubt we will be stocking this product :)

Go to: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/993...sr=1-1&seller=
Working...
X