Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OCA AGM Stuff

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Congratulations to those elected - it was nice to see Michael run a slate of candidates, with a short platform statement. They should mesh well with the regional V-P's. Looking forward to an active OCA year.

Would be nice if a CFC Presidential candidate would now come forward, with a slate of candidates, and platform, so they could be questioned a bit on their platform before the AGM. Anyone out their ready to declare yet??

Bob, OCA/CFC Governor
    First, the OCA meeting was rather productive. We broke the log jam on league rebates, and the money is flowing again. League presidents actually left the meeting with cheques! I look forward to a productive year under Michael's leadership. Special thanks to Bill Doubleday who travelled from Ottawa to attend.

At the meeting, I was asked quite directly if I knew of anyone interested in the CFC presidency. :o The rumour mill apparently has been busy. The answer is Yes. I am considering running for CFC President myself. ;) (or alternatively, returning as Treasurer). To be clear, I am only considering it, this is not a declaration. Some soul searching still to be done.

I moved to Burlington last week, and that has consumed my time for these last 2 weeks. I have not done any active campaigning, and even some close friends maybe shocked when they read this post. :o

I invite everyone to send their comments on my potential presidency to my new email address:

rgillanders@cogeco.ca

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
      I invite everyone to send their comments on my potential presidency to my new email address:

rgillanders@cogeco.ca
      Now you should start a new thread :D

Comment

Gillanders for President ( Maybe )

Hi Bob:

Great news ! Thanks for declaring ( sort of ) early. Maybe other candidates will also now come forward for all the executive positions.

I hope the soul-searching time will lead to many endorsements in the interim, wanting you to run. I think you could do a good job on consolidating our gains during 2009-10.

Once you decide for sure, put out a platform so we can all shoot at it !!

Bob

Comment

First, the OCA meeting was rather productive. We broke the log jam on league rebates, and the money is flowing again. League presidents actually left the meeting with cheques! I look forward to a productive year under Michael's leadership. Special thanks to Bill Doubleday who travelled from Ottawa to attend.

At the meeting, I was asked quite directly if I knew of anyone interested in the CFC presidency. :o The rumour mill apparently has been busy. The answer is Yes. I am considering running for CFC President myself. ;) (or alternatively, returning as Treasurer). To be clear, I am only considering it, this is not a declaration. Some soul searching still to be done.

I moved to Burlington last week, and that has consumed my time for these last 2 weeks. I have not done any active campaigning, and even some close friends maybe shocked when they read this post. :o

rgillanders@cogeco.ca

Thanks.
          I'm shocked. I hope that makes me a close friend. Once the moving hysteria dies down you likely will come to your senses.
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Hi Bob:

I just tried your new e-mail address and it failed - is it up and running yet?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
              I'm shocked. I hope that makes me a close friend. Once the moving hysteria dies down you likely will come to your senses.
              I was too afraid to tell you!:o

The move has been stressful, I am counting on my friends to talk me out of it!:D

Bob, try the email now, just activiated it 2 minutes ago.

Comment

Hi Bob:

Nope - e-mail got rejected still:

" Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: FW: CFC - Presidency?
                Sent: 17/05/2010 11:16 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Bob Gillanders (mailto:rgillanders@cogeco.ca) on 17/05/2010 11:16 AM
                The requested operation failed. "

Let me know when I should try again.

In the meantime, I sent my e-mail to you to your old e-mail address - is it still functioning? It didn't get bounced back.

Bob
                Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Monday, 17th May, 2010, 11:21 AM.

Comment

We broke the log jam on league rebates, and the money is flowing again. League presidents actually left the meeting with cheques!
                  Praise the lord.
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                  X