The question for a player in the Ontario Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The question for a player in the Ontario Open

My friend send an email to tell me a player in the U1600 section whose name is Petrovic, Slobodan and CFC number is 138951. This player doesn't have any CFC rating but has the CFC number. And my friend found the same name on the fide website and fide id number is 904627. The person called Petrovic, Slobodan on the fide website is a FM with fide rated 2290. His question is that the same person playing in the U1600 section of the Ontario Open. Anyone can verify Mr. Petrovic is not a person shown on the fide web? Otherwise, does it allow to let him playing in that section?

Re: The question for a player in the Ontario Open

Originally posted by William Yuan View Post
    My friend send an email to tell me a player in the U1600 section whose name is Petrovic, Slobodan and CFC number is 138951. This player doesn't have any CFC rating but has the CFC number. And my friend found the same name on the fide website and fide id number is 904627. The person called Petrovic, Slobodan on the fide website is a FM with fide rated 2290. His question is that the same person playing in the U1600 section of the Ontario Open. Anyone can verify Mr. Petrovic is not a person shown on the fide web? Otherwise, does it allow to let him playing in that section?
    Thanks for the info William - will check with Ted/
    Dave Cohen, refer his entry form and revert.

Francis.

Comment

Re: The question for a player in the Ontario Open

I checked players in the U1600 section for cma ratings, never thought of checking FIDE. But an interesting thing about the FIDE website is that it gives the birth year of the players. So the Croatian player in the this tournament is not the 54-year-old FM from Serbia. Yugoslavia has so many chessplayers, that it is not unusual to have several players with the same name. One of his early opponents, a 1500 player, was beating him in an early round, and he lost his last 2-rounds.

The kids don't like losing to experienced players, and the older U1600 players don't like losing to the often underated rising juniors.

Where to place unrated players is difficult, as unrated beginners belong in the lowest section but what about experienced players. Two of the top players in the U2000 had provisional ratings of 1600 from one tournament result and performed over 2000 in their second tournament. The unrateds in the U1600 would have got mashed in the Open.

Comment

Working...
      X