CanBase II updates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanBase II updates!

CanBase II has been updated with 1,158 "new" games since the last update in March.

Updates include:

2010 Canadian Junior (57 games)
    Grand Pacific Open (79 games)
    Lanaudiere Open (23 games)
    Mauricie Open (63 games)
    Quebec Elite Championship (94 games)
    Toronto Open (47 games)
    Scarborough CC ch (240 games)

as well as assorted other games - mostly from old CFC magazines from the early 1990's.

http://canbase.fqechecs.qc.ca/canbaseii.htm

The "Players" database will be updated soon.

Re: CanBase II updates!

Thanks for the update.

For the next one, could you create a file that contains only the updates from the previous "full size" Db? That way, we could get the latest games --- and any additions or changes you made to the older Db --- without having to DL the entire Db again. This would make it easier for users (like me) who have added notes to our copies CanBase to keep our annotations while staying up-to-date. It would also reduce everyone's bandwidth usage.

Comment

Re: CanBase II updates!

John wrote:

could you create a file that contains only the updates from the previous "full size" Db?
      I had thought of that - the only problem is that between updates I often make many changes to "header info" (e.g. spelling of names, corrections of dates and tournament names, etc.), and often delete games which a doubles check didn't catch. Thus a "change" file would include all the games with changes as well as new games.

You could try using the ChessBase "cannibalize" feature between the old file and the new file.

Comment

Working...
      X