• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Blog

Hi everybody,

I started a blog today.
    You can follow it at:

http://markbluvshtein.wordpress.com/

The main purpose of the blog is to make my year of professional chess more interesting to the public. The project itself will start this August, but my blogging has already started.

Enjoy!
    Mark.

Re: My Blog

Good luck, Mark!

I assume you are planning to go to Europe (and maybe beyond?). What type of tournaments to you prefer? Strong team events (German Bundesliga, France, Spain, etc.)? "Norm machine" tournaments (First Saturday events in Budapest)? Invitational RR events? Strong Swiss events? Events in Eastern Europe or Russia? How about Asia? Israel? Or maybe the Far East?

Comment

Great news.

"I certainly know that when I was younger, it would be exciting to follow a GM on his journey."
      There are always such people :D

If you need any help with a Wordpress/chess, I might help

Comment

Excellent news! Thanks for doing this Mark and I want to wish you a most successful year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Bluvshtein View Post
          Hi everybody,

I started a blog today.
          You can follow it at:

The main purpose of the blog is to make my year of professional chess more interesting to the public. The project itself will start this August, but my blogging has already started.

Enjoy!
          Mark.
          Hi Mark:

Good luck and best wishes. Sorry that the other thread you started got sidetracked and that I was part of it. Good luck at the Olympiad. Whenever the Canadian team has been broadcast I've followed their games live.

Steve

Comment

Hi everybody,

I started a blog today.
            You can follow it at:

This blog is a nice start. I will follow it with keen interest. Best of luck in your year of professionnal chess!

Comment

Hi everybody,

I started a blog today.
              You can follow it at:

Enjoy!
              Mark.
              Nice start, Mark! Be ready for anything, the world is a crazy place! Nothing ever goes quite as planned, roll with the punches.

And for the chess part, no need to wish you good luck, we all know there is no luck in chess! You will do well. Your attitude is great.
              Only the rushing is heard...
              Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Thanks everybody for the support!

Hugh, my main criteria for events is their strength.
                My tournaments will include some Round Robins, as well as some strong swisses.
                The majority of them will probably take place in Europe, but I am currently trying to get into some strong tournaments world wide.
                I am happy to say that I will be playing in Corus C in January, on the stage with the best players in the world. Corus is arguably the most prestigious annual tournament in the world, and is very hard to get into (I have been trying for several years now).

I will try to keep my tournament schedule as transparent as possible on my blog once I know more.

Mark.

Comment

I am happy to say that I will be playing in Corus C in January, on the stage with the best players in the world.

After two years you'll move to B :), and then to A :D

Comment

Great start Mark, definitely adding to my frequent-visit list!

I am curious, would this be simply a year of chess and then moving on, or would it be partly an experiment which might lead into a continuation?
                    Christopher Mallon
                    FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
                      Great start Mark, definitely adding to my frequent-visit list!

I am curious, would this be simply a year of chess and then moving on, or would it be partly an experiment which might lead into a continuation?
                      This will be a one year commitment on my part. I will have to re-evaluate the situation once this year is close to ending.

Mark.

Comment

Hi Mark:

Great to hear you've started a blog - I've already got it on my " favourites " list.

Kevin has been a very successful Canadian GM blogger - it will be nice to now follow a second Canadian GM as well.

Good luck in your chess year. The SCC Newsletter will try to keep tabs on you !!

Bob

Comment

Mark's blog is now linked from the CFC's Olympiad web page, which is being updated for the 2010 Olympiad:

http://www.chess.ca/olympiad.shtml

David

Comment

Working...
                          X