The Quebec Chess Federation supports the Olympic Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Quebec Chess Federation supports the Olympic Team

The Quebec Chess Federation (FQE) will donate $2,000 to the Canadian Olympic Fund.

The FQE decided to make this donation in order to help facilitate the participation of a Canadian team at the next Olympiad which will be held in Russia from September 19 - October 4, 2010.

Quebecker, Thomas Roussel Roozman will play 2nd board on the Canadian team.

In addition, in order to help the team prepare, the FQE will invite team members from both the male and female Canadian teams to partcipate in the Invitation section of the Quebec Open this summer. This section will feature seven GM, the best players from Quebec and a number of M.I. from Canada, USA and Cuba and provide both M.I. and G.M. norms possibilities.

Re: The Quebec Chess Federation supports the Olympic Team

It shows once more that some only writes and do not read what others write :D

http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/showthread.php?t=3235

---
    7. Unnecessary thread proliferation (e.g., deliberately creating a new thread that duplicates existing discussion) is discouraged.

Comment

On the contrary, the head of the Quebec Chess Federation -FQE- has the right to post this wonderful news himself! - its the kind of wonderful initiative we should be encouraging.

Comment

Good news worth repeating!

A fine example of cooperative efforts of the various chess organizations of Canada. Bravo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
          Good news worth repeating!

A fine example of cooperative efforts of the various chess organizations of Canada. Bravo.
          OK, Ok , mea culpa.

Will the OCA match it (and multiplied by a number of players)?

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
            OK, Ok , mea culpa.

Will the OCA match it (and multiplied by a number of players)?
            I very much doubt the OCA has anywhere near $2000 in the bank (remember that the OCA's primary function is to give almost all the provincial dues from the CFC back to the 4 member Leagues that comprise the OCA). Typically, the OCA keeps a small amount for OCA-led initiatives like the Ontario Open or the OYCC etc. (and by "small amount" I mean "small").
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Great news from the FQE! Thanks very much Marc for this confirmation. With this donation we are closing in on $7,000 with several other initiatives in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Poulin View Post
                The Quebec Chess Federation (FQE) will donate $2,000 to the Canadian Olympic Fund.

The FQE decided to make this donation in order to help facilitate the participation of a Canadian team at the next Olympiad which will be held in Russia from September 19 - October 4, 2010.
                Good news indeed for the Canadian team. But I wonder from what source does this money come from ? Is it sponsor money, FQE members' money or government money ?

Comment

Working...
                X