5th Edmonton International Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th Edmonton International Website

The website for the 5th Edmonton Chess Festival is now up and running. You can view the site at the following link.

http://www.albertachess.org/2010ECF/2010ECFHome.html

Details on the side events and the Reserve section will follow in the next few days.

Mark your calendar for this year's Edmonton Chess Festival.

See you there!

At least one available spot for FMs

If you are an FM (or WGM/WIM/WFM) and interested in playing in the event, please contact the organizer at: vrekhson@yahoo.ca

Comment

Re: 5th Edmonton International Website

I am surprised by the announced Prize Fund of only $1,750 on the FIDE, "other tournaments" website. This would pretty much guarantee that any players coming from outside the immediate Edmonton area would lose money. Is it possible the amount is actually $17,500 Cdn? If so perhaps it could be corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Streit View Post
        I am surprised by the announced Prize Fund of only $1,750 on the FIDE, "other tournaments" website. This would pretty much guarantee that any players coming from outside the immediate Edmonton area would lose money. Is it possible the amount is actually $17,500 Cdn? If so perhaps it could be corrected.
        We are accepting corrections Howard! Your sponsorship would be much appreciated!

The invited GM/IM players receive conditions. Otherwise the prizes are: $1000 for first, $500 for second, $250 for third.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Rekhson View Post
          We are accepting corrections Howard! Your sponsorship would be much appreciated!

The invited GM/IM players receive conditions. Otherwise the prizes are: $1000 for first, $500 for second, $250 for third.
          At first glance the prize fund seemed a bit out of line with that of other tournaments on that page. Thanks for setting me straight Vlad, I assume that prize fund size is not as important when one has the opportunity to achieve FIDE norms, play good chess and have a good time. I hope that some sponsors with deeper pockets than my own will be able to step forward to sweeten the pot though nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Streit View Post
            At first glance the prize fund seemed a bit out of line with that of other tournaments on that page. Thanks for setting me straight Vlad, I assume that prize fund size is not as important when one has the opportunity to achieve FIDE norms, play good chess and have a good time. I hope that some sponsors with deeper pockets than my own will be able to step forward to sweeten the pot though nonetheless.
            No worries Howard. The prize fund consists of entry fees and various fund-raisers that we run.

Vlad

Comment

Working...
            X