Game of the Week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of the Week!

I totally crushed an International Master today. I did it with style, with aggressiveness, with a suave ruthlessness, but - most importantly - with unsound chess. People wonder how Tal won playing the unsound game he did, and yet, his results speak for itself.

As you go over my annotated game, please ask yourself - is Tal the one who played this game, or is it really Alex? The difference is nuanced, so you must pay attention and be very adept in order to differentiate the two styles of play.

Now, sit back - grab some popcorn, and enjoy the show!

One of The Best Games Ever!
    OzChess - Australia's Chess Forum - Upcoming Chess Tournaments, Game Analysis, Chess Politics, & Australian Chess News
    http://www.ozchess.com

Re: Game of the Week!

Originally posted by Alex Toolsie View Post
    I totally crushed an International Master today. I did it with style, with aggressiveness, with a suave ruthlessness, but - most importantly - with unsound chess. People wonder how Tal won playing the unsound game he did, and yet, his results speak for itself.

As you go over my annotated game, please ask yourself - is Tal the one who played this game, or is it really Alex? The difference is nuanced, so you must pay attention and be very adept in order to differentiate the two styles of play.

Now, sit back - grab some popcorn, and enjoy the show!

One of The Best Games Ever!
    Your consistency of caricature is splendid. I thot Hyentes' draw hold rd8 cocc2010 was more work than hambleton's brill charmate vs G.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Toolsie View Post
      [FONT="Georgia"]I totally crushed an International Master today. I did it with style, with aggressiveness, with a suave ruthlessness, but - most importantly - with unsound chess. People wonder how Tal won playing the unsound game he did, and yet, his results speak for itself.
      That opening is worthy enough to get you honourable mention from the Gambiteers Guild. That's a guild of which I am a member and a team on which I play.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
        That opening is worthy enough to get you honourable mention from the Gambiteers Guild. That's a guild of which I am a member and a team on which I play.
        I feel honoured! Thank you.
        OzChess - Australia's Chess Forum - Upcoming Chess Tournaments, Game Analysis, Chess Politics, & Australian Chess News
        http://www.ozchess.com

Comment

Working...
        X