Canada beats Mexico!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada beats Mexico!

The North American Youth Championship will be held in Montreal from August 16-19, 2010. This is the first time the event comes to Canada. The Chess'n Math Association is organizing the event as part of our 25th anniversary celebrations.

Last year the event was held in Mexico and it drew 120 players. Well at this point we are over 135 players pre-registered and we still have to receive the names of the official Canadian delegation....so with 1 month to go we are in excellent shape and we are aiming to surpass even the 2010 CYCC numbers :).

We have over 40 players from the U.S., 5 from Mexico and 7 from Haiti which should provide our youngsters with exciting competition.

It is not too late to enter. Go to

http://chess-math.org/fide-nayc.htm

A list of pre-registered players will be posted once I receive the names of the official Canadian delegation from the CFC Junior coodinator Michael Barron.

Larry Bevand
    Executive Director
    Chess'n Math Association

Re: Canada beats Mexico!

Larry,

congrats to you and your team!!

Comment

Rooms still available!

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
      The North American Youth Championship will be held in Montreal from August 16-19, 2010.
      I just got off the phone with the Lord Berri hotel which is offering special room rates for this event. We have managed to get 15 additional rooms for this event....so if you have been procrastinating or were told by the hotel that there were no more rooms available at this great rate....please move quickly! Call toll-free 1-888-363-0363 ask for extention 201 and speak to either Samara or Dominic.

Comment

Now at 160 and counting!

Originally posted by Jean Sasseville View Post
        Larry,

congrats to you and your team!!
        Thanks Jean!

Once we have the official delegation from Canada registered this should take us over 170...so now we are aiming to beat the largest CYCC participation to-date which was in Ottawa where I believe 189 players took part :)

We will be posting the list of pre-registered by Monday, once we have the list of official players from Canada.

Larry

Comment

Re: Now at 178 and counting!

Yes we are now looking at a turnout of 200 players...I have to go back to the University and make new arrangements :)

You can see the list of pre-registered players...no one from Haiti on the list but I was told there were 7 coming...so when the fellow handling this gets back to work on Monday I will get a clarification.

Go to http://members4.boardhost.com/chess-...280342079.html for the list

If you see any errors or omissions...please contact me at bevand@chess-math.org.

Not too late to register...

Comment

Working...
          X