The other FIDE vote: The 2014 Olympiad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other FIDE vote: The 2014 Olympiad

Both the Presidential election and the Olympiad vote will be secret ballots. From my year end report to the Governors:

The second vote which Canada will cast relates to the 2014 Olympiad. Tromso Norway has been campaigning since the Dresden Olympiad in 2008 and they have received substantial Government backing for their bid, which would stage the Olympiad from August 1 – 14, 2014. Bulgaria has come to the table relatively recently. They are bidding to hold the Olympiad in the Varna region from September 20 – October 4, 2014. As part of the package, both Federations are bidding to host the 2013 World Cup.

In another thread, Michael Yip wondered why we should care who the next President is. Do we care where the 2014 Olympiad is?

Re : The other FIDE vote: The 2014 Olympiad

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
    [/I]

In another thread, Michael Yip wondered why we should care who the next President is. Do we care where the 2014 Olympiad is?
    For the record I would rather go to Norway if I make the team in 2014, so vote for Varna.

Comment

Re: The other FIDE vote: The 2014 Olympiad

Hal Bond,

technically you are correct. Ballots are kept secret. The reality is a bit more complex...

I have enclosed a discussion of the 2006 election describing the incumbent questionable actions.

www.chesscafe.com/text/kibitz122.pdf

What are the advantages of hiding our decision?

Comment

Working...
      X